My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So what are your rants?

L

Leomarth

If you define "moral busy bodies" as people who are Religious and believe in good vs evil, then I'm guilty. I find it contradictory that indiviuals who despise those who are "religious" take their oaths on the same book we fanatics hold dear. How is your obligation binding if you think the Bible is a crock?

No, I don't define it like that. I know several atheist moral busybodies as well. It just happens that, in my experience, many moral busybodies are religious as well.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
What defines a "moral busy body"? Is it someone who refuses to practice what they preach or maybe someone who tries to influence people based on their core beliefs?

Last edited:
L

Leomarth

What defines a "moral busy body"? Is it someone who refuses to practice what they preach or maybe someone who tries to influence people based on their core beliefs?

In my experience, it's someone that believes their ideas are superior to yours, and they actively try to interfere with your life based on that belief. And interfere at a level that goes beyond 'trying to influence' you.

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
In my experience, it's someone that believes their ideas are superior to yours, and they actively try to interfere with your life based on that belief. And interfere at a level that goes beyond 'trying to influence' you.

Well stated.

TCShelton

Founding Member
Premium Member

+1.

owls84

Premium Member
If you define "moral busy bodies" as people who are Religious and believe in good vs evil, then I'm guilty. I find it contradictory that indiviuals who despise those who are "religious" take their oaths on the same book we fanatics hold dear. How is your obligation binding if you think the Bible is a crock?

I hope my comment wasn't taken in the wrong manner. I was just explaining something that hit home and could be used in the "Moral Busy Body" Instance. I believe the bible has a ton of answers if you look. It mainly just clears the mind and puts things on the table. Much like Masonry, each time you sit down it hits you in a new light. Matthew 7:3 is the one that gets me and could be used not just on religon pushers but anyone who tries to better themselves by making you look bad or by pushing their beliefs. Does that make sense?