SRICF

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by goomba, Jan 3, 2017.

1. skas

skas Premium Member

Frater, terribly sorry for the delay in getting back to this. I thoroughly enjoyed your articles. I think it's neat reading about Fraters doing practical work and their process outside of some of the other practical work that we might do in SRICF. Thanks for sharing your story, and your dedication to our order.

KSigMason likes this.
  2. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

Is anyone going to the annual 2017 Annual High Council Meeting in a few weeks? I wish I could make it, but I have to travel for work. The schedule looks like a good one.

3. goomba

goomba Neo-Antient Site Benefactor

I wanted to go but for some reason I kept thinking the 2017 meeting had already happened. Now it's to late to get off of work.

4. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

I'm assuming Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia members can't go this.

5. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

I don't see why they couldn't....brothers go to GL communications of sister GLs....

6. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Oh nice, I figured they were in amity with each other but didn't know if that event was exclusively SRICF. May look into that down the road.

goomba likes this.
  7. KSigMason

SRIA Fratres have attended SRICF High Council meetings. The Supreme Magus of the SRIS is attending this year. Some of the meetings are open to VIII° and IX° only.

8. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

I see, that makes sense. I'm about to receive the Theoricus grade in November. So that rules me out.

9. Ripcord22A

Are you an Anglia member?

10. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Yes, the Toronto College #20 in Etobicoke, Ontario. It's a pretty good drive, about three hours, but meetings are not monthly but on months with a fifth Wednesday. Super group of guys but the drive is pretty long. Buffalo (1.5 hours away vs. Toronto at 3 hrs.) has an SRICF College from my understanding. I finally met an SRICF Frater in another group I'm in and hopefully he'll invite me as he's mentioned. We'll see. Don't want to press it since that'll get you nowhere with the SRICF lol.

11. Ripcord22A

CLewey44 likes this.
  12. KSigMason

Well, I hope you enjoy the Grade of Theoricus.

13. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Thank you, Frater. I think I will. Looking forward to it!

14. n8blanchard

n8blanchard Premium Member

Thank you very much for your kind words Frater. It was truly a labor of love.

KSigMason and skas like this.
  15. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

We shared our last St John's dinner with the So Cal college of SRCIF (I believe 3 or 4 of our PMs are Fraters). Great guys. I would've really liked to have spoken with them more, but, as it happens, one's attention is pulled in so many different directions.

16. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

That is so true. I go to meetings all the time and will be talking to some interesting Brother for a few minutes, talking esoteric stuff and then suddenly get 'blocked' by some other guy coming over "Hey Jeff.... Jeff! Bill over here works at the hospital too!" and grabs their arm and pulls them away. Kills the momentum and then it's back to talking about nothing.

17. hanzosbm

hanzosbm Premium Member

EXACTLY! Somewhat frustrating, because I really enjoy the esoteric side of things and rarely find people I can talk to about it. But, at the same time, the fellowship that night was great, so all in all, it was still a net positive experience.

CLewey44 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry