My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stepping Down from an Officer Position?

Thomas Stright

Premium Member
Not sure what you mean here, unless you are simply being pedantic in that CLewey44 didn't say "33rd Degree AASR Masons." I am pretty sure we all knew what he meant when he said "33rd Degree Masons."

Unless the OP is talking about the Scottish Rite, There are only 3 Degrees in Masonry.

I knew what he meant when he said 33rd Degree Masons....

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
I, for one, don't think they mean a thing inside the fraternity either.

Everytime I hear someone being specially introduced as his most worshipful grand illustrious distinguished omnipotent poobah, about 5 minutes after being told we meet on the level, I can't help but think of Animal Farm.
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"
Proper masonic etiquette demands it. Not the individual who holds the title.

The brother that stands up and insists that you shouldn't call him by his proper title after doing so and points out "because we're all on the level," in front of everyone is just as stressful as the brother who points out his title isn't being used properly.

Do not belittle the person who is doing introductions. That is their job.

Now, will I get upset if I'm not introduced? No. Am I going to point that out to the senior deacon? No.

I do not care if people call me worshipful brother. However, I'm not going to go out of my way to make that known. Doing so, IMO, is a passive aggressive attempt at throwing your title in their face to draw attention to it.

Last edited: