My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swedish Rite in Germany


Premium Member
I read that the Swedish Rite is practiced in Germany as well under the Große Landesloge. (If i remember correctly)

I would like to see and experience those workings and im quite able to understand German (less able to speak it). How does visiting a Swedish Rite lodge event work? What degrees could i visit as MM with RA? And how do i find information on interesting events to visit? Any pointers are helpful. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app


Registered User
Standard masonic protocol before traveling, contact the person who deals with international relations and talk with him about what you need.


Registered User
What degrees could i visit as MM with RA

Usually RA gives you access to VI degree and below. And as Elexir says, either go through the international relations in your GL, or write the secretary of one of the local lodges that you wish to visit.


Registered User
I would not recomend contacting any lodges yourself, the structure can be a bit more complicated. Besides if your not familiar with the Swedish rite you might end up contacting the wrong lodge.