My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

texas wildfires

choppersteve03

Premium Member
has anyone on here been adversly effected by the fires yet? i just want you to know i have got you in my prayers, stay strong brothers.

LCWebb

Premium Member
Where I am (San Angelo) it seems the fires are constant, thankfully I do not personally know anyone who lost life, limb, or property. The Big Bend region and north-central Texas have been hammered as well.

LCWebb

Premium Member
Pretty close, or at least it seems like it. Of the 200 or so counties in the state, only 2 have NOT had a fire. If you have any rain send it this way.

HKTidwell

Premium Member
Just so it is in perspective, while some of us haven't seen the fires in Texas due to location, fires have consumed more land then the size of Connecticut. CT will fit in Texas approximately 48.5 times. My numbers may be off but I'm trying to put things in perspective for those hearing about it on the news. These numbers are based off of numbers on Answers.com (size of CT, number of times it will fit, and 1 millions acres in miles).

We have been extremely lucky with the injuries vs acres affected. May the Supreme Grand Architect be with all the families, farmers and ranchers affected by this.

Bro. Bennett

Premium Member
I traveled between Amarillo and Coleman during the daylight on Sunday, it was aweful... Off the Caprock you used to not be able to see the canyons from the highway, but the fires have consumed the vegetation along US 84 and you can see the clay canyon walls for several miles. Thousands of acres at a time charred black, then miles of nothing burned..
The smell of smoke can be found miles away from the sights that are on fire, which is causing many with respiratory issues problems. The only upside to this is the rattlesnake population that was getting out of control has been regulated by smothering them in their dens....

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
We could smell Texas here in Oklahoma. JK, the fires that were burning down by Possum Kingdom were causing respiratory problems here. That fire was sending plenty of smoke our way and there was definitely a slight smoky smell in the air. We have had our share too though. The Army likes starting them here with the artillery on the range setting off a fire almost daily.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Some of this rain in the east coast needs to backtrack and hit Texas...

No kidding!. We have gotten some over the last weekend but it is still not near enough. I am seeing ponds that are dried up that I don't ever remember seeing like that in the last 30 years.