My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Craftsmen Paradox

Back in graduate school, my field of study was Organizational Behavior & Development. I was not a Mason back then, but I often wish I were because our fraternity is a very interesting organization, and I think I could have had plenty of research material for class papers. One of the topics that management students […]
b.gif

Continue reading...

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Hi Coach

I find it useful to go to the Egyptian and Hebrew word roots when establishing such etymology.
We all have our rabbit holes. Mine looked at these and a few more. When I considered what the title was making effort to communicate, hole number one was the obvious choice.

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
My analysis of "The Abilene Paradox" and "The Craftmen Paradox" are essentially the same. It seems to that in both cases the groups involved want one thing in the present and another thing in retrospect. Driving to Abilene and holding a One Day Class are both easy solutions to being uncomfortable in the moment. It is only in retrospect that people ask "was that the best solution we could have come up with?". So essentially we are comparing two completely different situations and asking why we didn't come up with the same solution to both.

Don't get me wrong, I love pie. When there is a problem I am just as likely as the next person to suggest solving it by eating pie. It is only when my pants don't fit anymore that I start thinking that I should have had some vegetables instead.