The Egyptian Schools of Mystery?

Discussion in 'Becoming a Prince Hall Freemason' started by ChildofTheSun13, Apr 22, 2013.

1. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

You da man coachn. Lol.

coachn likes this.
  2. JM-MWPHGLGA

JM-MWPHGLGA Premium Member

In my perspective anytime we deal with language we must go beyond the modern day sound. We, well I know that The English language is not sufficient but deemed as a bastard language. There are many languages running through the Book of Law. Caution should be taken

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Chaz and Bloke like this.
  3. JamestheJust

JamestheJust Registered User

There is a tradition that English is a sacred language.

The essence of a sacred language is that the words convey or connect to the essence of what is named. If so, the word "apple" when heard or thought by the enlightened human, conveys some slight experience of apple, e.g. a slight apple taste.

Try thinking the word "whiskey" and see if a slight taste appears.

4. yousef

yousef Registered User

My brother is not one answer my messages on the site
    Please give me a phone number of Masons in Egypt so that I can join the Masons

5. JamestheJust

There seems to be no internationally recognized grand lodge in Egypt.

There is the Sovereign Grand Lodge of Egypt - with 3 lodges - but I cannot comment upon its worth.

http://www.sgle.org/contact-us/

(2 minutes on Google)

6. JM-MWPHGLGA

English is an important language in this day and time. But it is not sacred or never will because of the different origins that created it. But I do agree about the connection it gives off. Nonetheless, Ancient language gives off that force of the Divine Essence like no other. You literally can feel the power behind the letters. So when speaking on Hebrew, we have to figure out which Hebrew because there's many dialects when Hebrew itself is a dialect

7. JamestheJust

Is that the power of the geometry?

8. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

What? Letters have power? Welp to each his own i guess

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry mobile app

9. JamestheJust

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  10. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

11. JamestheJust

Try before you buy.

dfreybur likes this.
  12. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Once again, the problem is always the same: The mobility of meaning assigned to the words used by their users.

When two or more people use the same word and deliberately assign different meanings to the one word they use in common, you'll have discourse that shall have little meaning whatsoever, other than as a means of communicating nonsense to the others involved. That is, unless observers actually know the meanings assigned to the word in question.

BTW - There are two letter combinations that come to mind that do have implied power. One is TNT; the other is BS. But only when you are close enough to them to have influence upon you when they are put forth.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  13. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Lol....you have a great way with words coachn.

coachn likes this.
  14. JM-MWPHGLGA

Not letters Words. Don't go spookism when I say power like I mean supernatural. But in biblical days the language was so powerful; meaning everyone was on one accord that they almost reach heaven but the Gods say let's go down and change it. I have to say that's pretty powerful to me.

15. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Sure. Psychological power. Symbolic power. None of which you are required to use but I bet you do use at least one that I will list below.

Thinking back to the early phases of my life the acronyms USN and JPL-NASA have very rich meaning to me yet neither are words. I suggest that you very much like the pun of the dual meaning of the acronym USA when you have your uniform on.

The native writing of English is the Anglo-Frisian runestaves. They are widely used for divination.

The common European standard is the Roman alphabet. There are far more symbolic uses than acronyms and numerals, though like you I've never gotten the point of numerology.

We also have direct roots in Greek - Widely used in mathematics which is the deepest form of mysticism - and Hebrew - Used in several psychological and symbolic ways.

In Masonry some use that cypher system where each letter is a square symbol with cross hatches.

In Masonry all of us use various acronyms - EA, FC, MM, PM, AASR-SJ, 2B1SK1 and on and on in lists of letters that have power.

Chaz, JM-MWPHGLGA and Bloke like this.
  16. JM-MWPHGLGA

No that was just the power of the man that held pure language. It's no supernatural occurrence. I like to use Revelation 1:15. See what most don't know is when you take away from language it effects you physiologically versus when one speaks on a language from English it doesn't have that vibration rhythm it suppose to hold. Henceforth why you have some Christian's say if you don't proclaim "Jesus" as your lord and savior you go to hell. Or all Christian's are going to heaven. We haven't taken out the time to learn other languages to understand their views on "The Christ" To me it's a language misunderstanding

17. JamestheJust

There seems to be a great deal of commonality between languages across the world, to the point that quite a lot of academics think that there was one original language. (Whether that came out of Africa rather than went into Africa is another debate)

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704547604576262572791243528

If there was one original language, then how was it so functional in its first expression that it continued in recognizable form for so long?

As a parallel consider how many computer languages have come and gone within 2 human generations? They all enabled the same physical reality of moving data in registers, but always we needed something better, often more abstract.

This suggests that the original human language, if it existed, had a very robust set of concepts and structures. How could that be?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    dfreybur likes this.
  18. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

If I were your logic instructor, I'd have you hit the books again. You're premises, arguments and conclusions are as loose as my neighbor's she cat after a long catnip weekend.

MRichard, Warrior1256 and dfreybur like this.
  19. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

I long for the days when I could still believe that words merely indicated things, and not the concepts behind the things. Life was so simple back then. Life is so much more difficult when you understand that all words are symbols. On the other hand, perhaps it does give you a clue to the lost word.

Chaz, dfreybur and coachn like this.
  20. JamestheJust

If each kingdom within Creation has its own intrinsic sound/note, then it is possible to make sound sequences (words) that impress relationships upon those kingdoms. In the beginning was the Word.

Here is a human representation of a sequence used to awaken some species. Versions were played in public spaces for a decade or so - perhaps with some effect.

Share My Freemasonry