My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thinking of joining the AASR

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
I am a member of a lodge of the GL of MD AF&AM (http://mdmasons.org/) and am thinking about joining the AASR SJ PHA (http://www.aasrphasj.org/). I have never been a member of an SR body.

Have any of you known any "mainstream" (I hate that term) Mason to join a PHA appendant body? I think it would be a great way to seek further Masonic light and widen my Masonic landscape. I've emailed back and forth with the SGIG for MD a few times and he seems fantastic.

But past the PHA/MS concept, how do you feel the SR has added to your Masonic life?

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
With the additional degrees I feel that the AASR has given me a deeper understanding of Masonic principals as well as more Masonic knowledge overall. I very much appreciate the AASR.

billyjfootball

I had my first three SR degrees last night, three more tonight, and three more tomorrow. From what I experienced, everything kind of blurred together. But as Warrior1256 has stated, it does give a deeper understanding of Masonic knowledge and philosophy. I'm still trying to reflect on what I had learned. I think it's worth it. Plus, it's cool to be surrounded by so many Masonic brothers.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
had my first three SR degrees last night, three more tonight, and three more tomorrow.
Congratulations Brother.
From what I experienced, everything kind of blurred together.
I'm still trying to reflect on what I had learned.
Just like the degrees in the Blue Lodge the meanings will come to you upon more reflection plus seeing the degrees, either from the sidelines or by direct participation.