My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to take be our young men .

DerrickArnett

Brother it's time for us to take all of our young men who's out there in darken and show them the way of life . What am saying is I work with young men from the age of 13 to 18 and they are lost. The only love they know is the streets life. Some of their fathers are locked up and their mothers are working 2 jobs trying to make ends meet . So what I do is sit them down and share my life with them. The first thing I let them know that they are loved not by man but by god and I believe in them that they can do anything they want if they only believe in god and they believe in them self. Just that little talk change there whole world to know that it's someone out their loves them . I have 2 boys of my own but take all young men as my boys because this is what god wants me to do and I know what I stand on.

([Ask God First)

chrmc

Very good post, and agree. Must however say though that with the present generation think we will need something to offer them when we take them under our wing. They don't seem to be as happy with just hanging around chitchatting and doing fish frys as previous generations.

dew_time

Very good post, and agree. Must however say though that with the present generation think we will need something to offer them when we take them under our wing. They don't seem to be as happy with just hanging around chitchatting and doing fish frys as previous generations.

Agreed. I have two teenage boys and its all about video games, music and their social life. To get them to sit and enjoy a good talk you have to get on there level by getting their attention with something they enjoy. I personally find that throwing some wood in the bon fire attracts them like a moth to a light bulb.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Pscyclepath

Premium Member
Amen... is there a DeMolay chapter, or the PH equivalent thereof in the area? That might be a good way to help spread and reinforce the lessons...

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
From my experience most young kids just need and want you attention. I say take a kid hunting, fishing, geocaching or anything that gets them outside and it will disengage their mind from video games. At the same time it will start them down a path of a more complete and positively reinforced life.

dew_time

From my experience most young kids just need and want you attention. I say take a kid hunting, fishing, geocaching or anything that gets them outside and it will disengage their mind from video games. At the same time it will start them down a path of a more complete and positively reinforced life.

Funny thing about the video games. Now days they play with their friends online if there is no net then they don't play. I have wired my house with data cables. The hub is in an innocent looking access panel in the ceiling of the basement. Occasionally the wires for their rooms "accidently" fall out.

I'd love to get them interested in FM but I have no idea how to do that.

Sent from my LG-VM696