Trying to plan a trip to England - need some insider info.

Discussion in 'The Refreshment Lounge' started by SCStrong, Oct 6, 2017.

1. SCStrong

SCStrong Registered User

So, my English Brethren (and friends, who may not be Brethren, yet) - I am planning a trip for my wife and I, to England, within the next year.
    Any suggestions for what we should really try to see or where we should go ? We would like to do a mix of 20 - 30 % "Tourist Stuff" and 70 -60% of "getting a feel for the local landscape/ people stuff". We may get to spend some time traveling to other countries in the UK as well but for now, I am focusing on England - We will fly into London - not sure how we would travel from there ....... I am assuming train / taxi, since we do not want another American trying to drive on the "wrong" side of the road LOL.

I would love to visit a Lodge while I am there - is a tux or suit mandatory for most lodges, there? Do I need to request access ahead of time?
    Any suggestions on historic Lodges / Must - See's ??

Thank you.

PS: I am planning for 5 days in - country. The budget is conservative but we do have a bit of discretionary funds.

2. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Only five days? London, Oxford, Salisbury and Stone Henge, Bath.

Yes, dark suit and preferably white shirt and tie.

Are you aware of how to arrange a lodge visit?

Blake Bowden and SCStrong like this.
  3. SCStrong

SCStrong Registered User

Thanks - we may stay longer, depending on what work schedules allow. How do I arrange the lodge visit?

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob Registered User

Devon, Cornwall and Stonehenge are worth a visit. Accommodation wise Air B&B is good.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Blake Bowden and SCStrong like this.

Share My Freemasonry