My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Masonic traditions can we bring back?

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Generally lodges are fearful of change not only because of human nature being fearful of change, but also because you never know when a DDGM comes down and claims that it's an irregular practice. Or when one pissed off member tries to leverage Masonic charges for the change, no matter how ridiculous, can cause serious headache for a lodge.

PGM Griffin for all of his emphasis on the work, he never really stressed the importance of the overall ritual experience. So yeah, if a guy is giving a degree can memorize all of the lines verbatim in a nice monotone speech than, I would prefer to take the brother who can add at least a little bit of drama to the event, and screw up a couple of lines.

=Bro Vick

Amen! (I was gonna thank you for this post but, since the upgrade, I don't know how to do it.)

Timothy Fleischer

Yes Brother Martin, we need to remember the Widows and aged Brothers throughout the year. Sometimes, though, pride gets in the way of accepting help of any kind.