My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When can I call myself a Mason?

scialytic

Premium Member
Sorry...the learning curve for this forum is made worse by only using my iPhone. Fat thumbs = Typos

Last edited:

scialytic

Premium Member
I was raised Feb 21st,2002 but became interested in 1996 ... I spent 4 yrs researching everything i could on the internet and asking people i knew to be masons about the fraternity and to make sure it did not interfear with my Christian beliefs . No matter what i saw ,read or was told diminished the experiences i had in any degree ... It was nothing like i expected .... when i was scared and sweating and in darkness i forgot anything i had read or saw... The real beauty of the degree came after the degree when i was bonding with brothers and gaining my own interpetation of what i went thru and realizing how special what i had just done was and who came that way b4 me . If i really think about it i would say i have always been a mason I just had to profess it thru the ritual to be held accountable to God and my Brothers .

Ricky

I was hoping somebody would say that. I've been researching off-and-on for several years. I really feel like I am just scratching the surface because I don't have the proper context. Without the key (Light) it is not complete. Your experience gives me hope that when I am initiated as an EA, FC, and ultimately MM...it will be just as beautiful and transformational as if I hadn't read any books or history on the Craft.

promason

In each of us lies a temple and a light,Masonry is a way to discover and develop that temple to make the neophyte a better individual,good for society and humanity