My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who is a Freemason

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
Thank you for your question, Brother Lins.......perhaps I should clarify my point......I am knowledgable of the history of the GLoTx.....I was not inferring that GLoTx ever LOST recognition. My apologies for not being clear. I meant to make the point that we as the PHGLoTx sought to gain recognition so that BOTH of the regular Masonic GL bodies here in Texas would have ties to the UGLE. You received your dispensation from the GLoLa, in 1837, (first meeting in Brazoria) as we received our dispensation from the PHGL of Kansas in 1873. (first meeting in Brenham) When I stated that the move for mutual recognition was a move for BOTH GL's to regain recognition from the UGLE, I meant that the PHGLoTx made an effort to establish ties with the UGLE by seeking recognition, just as the PHGLof Mass, PHGLof Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, New York, and other States had done in recent history. This would allow BOTH GL's in the State of Texas to have formal and individual recognition from the UGLE. The first step in that process was to establish a recognition agreement with the Mainstream GL of the State in which we reside. Hence, the 2005 agreement. Whatever each Brother's individual opinions happen to be, I am of the opinion that this "mutual recognition", established with conditions of no visitation didn't appear to accomplish as much as it SHOULD. This move was to satisfy a condition set forth by the UGLE for both Masonic bodies to recognize one another. Both sides sat and signed this, so there is no blame placed on any one party by me. However, there can be no forward progress without education, on BOTH sides. Many of the States up North and out West have mutual recognition, which includes visitation. This can foster and enhance the Masonic educational experience on BOTH sides of Masonry for this generation of younger Masons such as myself. This forum has really been a great vessel for Brothers from both sides to communicate and exchange ideas, and enhance the knowledge we have about one another's Masonic views and information. It's a good start toward building bridges. I hope I provided some clarity for you................Fraternally, Bro. Vincent C. Jones, Sr., Bayou City Lodge #228, PHA, F & AM, Houston, Texas

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Thank you for extending your remarks, Bro. Vincent. Like you, I feel that "recognition without visitation" is a bit of a farce & needs to be corrected as soon as possible. I am given to understand that progress in that area is being made, however glacial in pace. We will await the time with patience, strained as it may be. :wink:

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
You're welcome Brother, and I agree with you 100 pct..........I thanked Bro Bowden, and I'd like to thank each of you Moderators, as well as anyone else who works or contributes to keep THIS site running. This forum is great, especially for a Brother like myself, who has only been a Mason for a little less than 5 years. This forum is PROGRESS in itself, in that it allows those who are avid readers and STUDENTS of the Craft the opportunity to read all of the good articles and threads that appear here. I have learned quite a bit about GLoTx history, business, and how things are taught in GLoTx Masonry simply by reading your GLoTx website, and this site. I am with the opinion that if I push myself to read about that which I am unfamiliar, I will develop knowledge and respect not only for the material that I am reading, but also the Men with whom I communicate and exchange ideas. See you on the next thread! VINCE