My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why jehova witness hate us so much?????

crono782

Premium Member
Some years back I seriously dated a girl for about 4 years whose family was JW. Her and her parents were non-practicing, but kept up appearances for family sake. Her father was a past minister (or paster, whatever they are called in JW) and always told me that they had to keep up appearanes because if their family found out, they would straight up disown them, never to speak to them again. I'm guessing their family was more hardcore into it considering I had a good buddy of mine marry a girl whose family WAS practicing JW and they didn't have a problem w/ her marrying outside the religion. I guess it all depends on the family, but the gist I got is that JWs are taught to completely break off ties w/ family that leaves. Scary...

crono782

Premium Member
yeah, you've said it yourself before though, there's a lot of sects out there. some have more rigid and/or fringe beliefs than others. i've seen specific bible verses clung to when holding to an ideal by entities from the individual level all the way up to church, sect, and upwards. as the bible is so open to interpretation, people certainly will exercise that right to interpret. baptists by and large do not condone drinking in part based on a specific verse (Isaiah 65:8) while others will interpret it differently. even though i was close to the families i spoke of earlier, i made no attempt to learn much about JW teachings so i couldn't really say what the thinking behind disowning family, not celebrating birthdays or holidays, disbelief in trinitarian theology, or the concept of a soul.

Last edited:

widows son

Premium Member
I just all comes down to misinterpretation and misunderstandings, coupled with rigid beliefs, makes for one stubborn individual or group.

THurse

Premium Member
I have earlier, showed my face today and have received positive responses, but time will tell. The history in my opinion, should dissolve.

THurse

Premium Member
Their'e are different religions, in Masonry. This is very difficult, for me to comprehend.

THurse

Premium Member
Freemason is not a religion. We are in a wonderful organisation, that consists of men and women, who believes, in the S.B. from different perspectives.

THurse

Premium Member
Their'e is a lot of confusion about Masonry and this is where religions who do not understand, make their'e own conclusions

CajunTinMan

Well religion and Masonry is touchy subject especially within the craft. It is a completely secular organization. That's why men of many faiths can be it it. We recognize the Fatherhood of God. But beyond that your beliefs are your own. As it is in just about any other organization. Now if you are Christian there is an avenue for further fellowship. I don't know of any others avenues for other particular religions. But the organization it's self is purely secular. Masonry offers no rout to salvation other then encouraging you to be faithful within your own religion. We are here to improve one another as men. You must seek God to improve your place in Heaven.

Last edited:

CajunTinMan

Of late I've been missing our discussions WS. I hope your year ended well. And the new one started even better.

Last edited:

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Now if you are Christian there is an avenue for further fellowship. I don't know of any others avenues for other particular religions.

Nor should there be, IMHO. Quite frankly, I don't think there should be an avenue strictly for those of us of the Christian faith either. I'm against anything that divides us.

jwhoff

Premium Member
So ........... if I were to stick a big plaque of the Square and Compasses outside when I answer the door.

Are you saying we could cut through the small talk and get straight to the goodbyes?

I have just discovered more wages of a master mason.

:sneaky2:

THurse

Premium Member
Well religion and Masonry is touchy subject especially within the craft. It is a completely secular organization. That's why men of many faiths can be it it. We recognize the Fatherhood of God. But beyond that your beliefs are your own. As it is in just about any other organization. Now if you are Christian there is an avenue for further fellowship. I don't know of any others avenues for other particular religions. But the organization it's self is purely secular. Masonry offers no rout to salvation other then encouraging you to be faithful within your own religion. We are here to improve one another as men. You must seek God to improve your place in Heaven.

Wow. Brother Cajun, may I please use?

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
So ........... if I were to stick a big plaque of the Square and Compasses outside when I answer the door.

Are you saying we could cut through the small talk and get straight to the goodbyes?

I have just discovered more wages of a master mason.

:sneaky2:

Dang it, Hoff- you just cost me another keyboard! :lol: