My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Writing a lodge history

Michael Hatley

Premium Member
Has anyone seen any particularly good lodge histories?

I've taken on the task of writing a history of our lodge this year. My plan is to dive into the records and start diggin next week, and try to come up with a narrative. I'd like to come up with some bios of the founders and that sort of thing as well perhaps, see if I can dig up photos, etc.

If anyone has any tips at all as far as places to research (maybe at Grand Lodge?), things to include, experiences they have had with writing something similar, things that would be of interest to them - brainstorms, I am all ears.

S&F

promason

Indeed,that rich matter deserves interest,each masonic lodge contributed to human enlghtment and progress and deserves a mention and a tribute

cog41

Premium Member
Small town Texas mason always features a Texas lodge and its history. Some articles are better than others but they are certainky worth a look.