My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

York Rite Equivalent of Morals and Dogma?

Brother Rogers

Yesterday I took delivery of a physical copy of Morals and Dogma. I used to have a physical copy years ago, but someone disposed of it. I read M&D before I was made a Mason, and as I mentioned in another thread, it was the final impetus for me to petition Apollo #921 in Huntsville, AL.

As I held that venerable tome in my hand yesterday afternoon, I got to wondering: is there an equivalent book for the York Rite?

I do have one York Rite book: Light from the Sanctuary of the Royal Arch. I was fortunate enough to pick up a copy years ago (which I managed to keep hidden from the aforementioned destroyer). I see that copies are going for astronomical amounts on eBay!

So, brothers, especially York Rite brothers: what would you recommend for York Rite books, especially Chapter and Council? Is Light from the Sanctuary considered a good book, or are there others?

FWIW, I'm not a member of the York Rite. The local lodge I hope to join soon also hosts a Chapter and Council, so I might possibly petition those bodies. I am, or was, a Scottish Rite Mason, but I only attended one Valley meeting after the reunion where I received the 32*, and I eventually let my membership lapse.

Brother John

You might also pick up W.L. Wlimshurst's books; "The Meaning of Masonry" and "Masonic Initiation". Though these address the craft in general, he does address the Royal Arch in a good deal of it.
Love his works!