My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenges on the street

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
You know how brothers gather in the Northeast corner and talk about Last Night...
Talking about what happened last night within a tyled lodge is considered Masonic intercourse. Although we want to see everyone as a brother mason. The sad part is our Masonic obligation forbids it.

acjohnson53

Doing the stuff that will get you to pass a tiler into a tiled meeting. Whether it's to a tiler, at the altar at a degree, in private for instruction ...

The obligations say we are not to divulge our secrets but they do not say what those secrets are. Some brothers go majorly overboard by not asking what is and isn't secret. The amount that is secret varies by jurisdiction but it never extends to discussing fund raising events.
Talking about what happened last night within a tyled lodge is considered Masonic intercourse. Although we want to see everyone as a brother mason. The sad part is our Masonic obligation forbids it.

We know how far to go with our obligation, do cigarettes come with that Masonic intercourse..../G\

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
Masonic intercourse to my knowledge is discussing signs , passwords, grips or degree work anything else is fair game who cares about when the next fish fry is or what bills need to be payed no secrets there just my 2 cent but to each his own

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
If you search the topics you will see many on here speaking on dues and such is that not finances ...I wouldn't expect anyone to flat out run around telling what money was on hand in treasuries or light bill amount that wouldn't make for good conversation and is flat out tmi but I get where your coming from and I can agree with that no one likes to talk about money

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
If you search the topics you will see many on here speaking on dues and such is that not finances ...I wouldn't expect anyone to flat out run around telling what money was on hand in treasuries or light bill amount that wouldn't make for good conversation and is flat out tmi but I get where your coming from and I can agree with that no one likes to talk about money
Agreed, I'm speaking on what's given in the treasury report, not general conversation. "Oh they raised our dues"

acjohnson53

it's not an open discussion, my thing is how can we make our Lodge Stronger, How can we ensure that the next group get their tools to work with, or what causes can we donate to, or our sickness and distressed can see that the Lodge got their back during their time of need....

PHAmily!

Weird. Wonder what they call non-PHA in states like Cali, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Indiana, and many others that are F&AM....

My Freemasonry HD
I am in Florida. lake hall lodge no.33 we call them the same thing 3 letter and four letter

PHAmily!

For some stupid reason regular lodges in Florida don't recognize prince hall, what may I ask what is that stupid reason?
I was recently passed pha I have heard bad things about pha I have heard good I still went prince hall I am an e.a. so we will see and when I did pass they warned me at my own consequence about wearing paraphilia so I have not worn anything but this the way most black Greek fraternity's work am I right and they were taught by mason's so may be its a cultural thing ....

acjohnson53

First Free Masonry is not Greek, this is not a college fraternity, second you are an Entered Apprentice you should stop listening to what people tell you and get proficient for the next degree.. If You have questions you should get with the Brother that is in charge of your Degree Team, he can answer all your questions. if you are reading this stuff on this site you have to much time on your hand.....I am a Prince Hall Mason....in California they call us Prince Hall Masons....go to MWPHGLCA....

acjohnson53

I see u Bro Warrior1256, I spent a lot time in the Louisville area, Shawnee Park in the summer time. Executive Lounge, King's Chicken, Freedom Hall during concert season.....I was station at Ft Knox in the early 80's

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I see u Bro Warrior1256, I spent a lot time in the Louisville area, Shawnee Park in the summer time. Executive Lounge, King's Chicken, Freedom Hall during concert season.....I was station at Ft Knox in the early 80's
I moved to this area from WV after retiring from Corrections. I really like it here.

Derinique Kendrick

I was recently passed pha I have heard bad things about pha I have heard good I still went prince hall I am an e.a. so we will see and when I did pass they warned me at my own consequence about wearing paraphilia so I have not worn anything but this the way most black Greek fraternity's work am I right and they were taught by mason's so may be its a cultural thing ....
Are you a MM, brother?

Derinique Kendrick

Are you a, MM? If you are, pardon me asking, it's just that I am having a hard time understanding your wording. You stated that you were recently passed, and then turned around and said you were an EA. Do you mind clarifying for me, so I won't come off as ignorant?

Derinique Kendrick

Going off of what I am reading, you are not. I could be making an honest mistake though so if I am, please forgive me. However, @PHAmily! if you are NOT a MM, please remove your Masonic avatar until you have earned the right to use it as you do not even know what ALL of the symbols (tools) in it represent as of yet. I mean no harm, just a little wise counsel.

Have a great day,

Brother Kendrick
Greensboro Lodge No. 223 (Current JW)
Greensboro, Georgia
MWPHGLGA