My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Challenges on the street

lmeeks357

I love my pha brothers, and I also like when they challenge a brother everytime they see light. I for one don't have a problem with it but a lot of my 4 letter brothers think its ridiculous what u brothers think? It personally ceeps me sharp for example, a pha brother saw my ring and said , "what if I took the screw out of that, what would happen" lol i looked at that brother like he had a booger in his nose . Lol but I love old school they can teach u a thing or too

bupton52

Premium Member
I love my pha brothers, and I also like when they challenge a brother everytime they see light. I for one don't have a problem with it but a lot of my 4 letter brothers think its ridiculous what u brothers think? It personally ceeps me sharp for example, a pha brother saw my ring and said , "what if I took the screw out of that, what would happen" lol i looked at that brother like he had a booger in his nose . Lol but I love old school they can teach u a thing or too

I personally don't respond to any challenges like that. It is not something that is taught ritualistically. Every jurisdiction has something "different" that they do, so how does he know that what he is learning at his home is the same thing that you do in yours? How will that brother react when you don't know the answer to his question? When someone approaches me with that, I will gladly invite him to our instruction meetings and we can sharpen each other in the lodge. Also, "4 letter" is just not an accurate term.

lmeeks357

Well in my particular district brothers go by three or four letter, n what i was taught , u should never leave a brother the way you found em , for me it really doesnt matter rather they do or don't , knowledge is knowledge and if a brother believes he has somthing to offer regardless on how its presented I'm all ears, if its masonic it can't hurt brother. But as I stated before it really don't matter rather they do ir don't but pha where I'm from Is always doing that, of course there more militant also in there work and I find in intriguing

youth1

Never heard that before! Take the screw out? Lol
I gotta find out about that

Pioneer Lodge #1

youth1

Also, the term 3 letter / 4 letter is common talk in PHA lodges. At least from my history stand point

Pioneer Lodge #1

crono782

Premium Member
Weird. Wonder what they call non-PHA in states like Cali, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Indiana, and many others that are F&AM....

My Freemasonry HD

youth1

Im not sure what others call us but as for PHA it shortens the conversations for us by saying 3's or 4's
But respect for the fraternity is #1

Pioneer Lodge #1

bupton52

Premium Member
Im not sure what others call us but as for PHA it shortens the conversations for us by saying 3's or 4's
But respect for the fraternity is #1

Pioneer Lodge #1

That is not how it is in every PHA jurisdiction.

lmeeks357

Of course brother

Omg thank you! Lol mines too and I'm 4 letter I'm not even pha and I know that respectively from history of course

And bro youth call him lol I have plenty more brother lol

Last edited by a moderator:

BroBook

Premium Member
Well in my particular district brothers go by three or four letter, n what i was taught , u should never leave a brother the way you found em , for me it really doesnt matter rather they do or don't , knowledge is knowledge and if a brother believes he has somthing to offer regardless on how its presented I'm all ears, if its masonic it can't hurt brother. But as I stated before it really don't matter rather they do ir don't but pha where I'm from Is always doing that, of course there more militant also in there work and I find in intriguing

Well I am Prince Hall from Florida we use 3&4 because at one time we were one group,the leaders fell out with each what happened depends on who is telling the story one group goes by I think the original name Most Worshipful Union Grand lodge f&am Prince hall affiliated & the other became Most Worshipful Prince hall Grand lodge af&am

My Freemasonry HD

bupton52

Premium Member
I can see why it would be easy for our GL of State brothers to be confused.

My Freemasonry HD

lmeeks357

Yea bro history is what we go by

You guys associate with the shriners ? I hear the blue house don't get along with those guys

Last edited by a moderator: