My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dating and Age?

Mlugo1247

Premium Member
Hey Brothers,

I have a question about age, and dating. I am currently a student at a Catholic University, and I am 32 years old. I have been seeing this lady who is 20 years old, and I am wondering what your take is on dating someone who is 12 years younger than you? I really enjoy her company, and have class with her. We also have fun together, and enjoy many of the same things.

Thanks

ahdomenech

I don't see a problem with it as long as your behavior is appropriate. My wife is significantly younger than me and it has never been an issue amongst brethren

dreamer

I don't see a problem with it as long as your behavior is appropriate. My wife is significantly younger than me and it has never been an issue amongst brethren

Yes, the same goes for me. My wife is quite younger and never been a problem.

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
To properly answer this question, one should first ask himself if his greatest need in a woman is passion or patience.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Have you noticed that they talk much faster in that generation?:47:

My burning question, beyond bragging and patience, is ... how did you get her attention? :001_unsure:

I was unsure that generation communicated past iphones and ipads. And, I was never sure those two instruments were at all compatible. :36:

Still I applaud your success. :thumbup:

Ah ... just one more thing. THE MUSIC? :38:​

Last edited:

Mlugo1247

Premium Member
Thanks brothers for your responses I greatly appreciate it. It is good to see that I am not the only who has been in the same situation. She is a beautiful women, and she is also very charming! We enjoy our time together, and really respect each other. My intentions with her are true, and no I am not bragging! It was in all honesty a legitimate question that was weighing heavy on my mind. She is one the most down to earth people that I have met, and I have never met anyone so sweet.

Mlugo1247

Premium Member
Have you noticed that they talk much faster in that generation?:47:
No I have not noticed that they talk much faster, and she carries a conversation very well.

My burning question, beyond bragging and patience, is ... how did you get her attention? :001_unsure:
Well, we actually caught both of each others attention in my intro to mass comm. class!! We had been admiring each other for quite a while. When we actually started to play "Draw Something" on the Iphone/ HTC Evo!!! Which is funny since she is a Nursing major, and I am a Converging Media major. Hints that were are horrible at drawing!!

I was unsure that generation communicated past iphones and ipads. And, I was never sure those two instruments were at all compatible. :36:
Lucky for us we started talking due to our phones!

Still I applaud your success. :thumbup:
Thanks for the applauds I appreciate it!!

Ah ... just one more thing. THE MUSIC? :38:
As for the music....... I stay pretty current with today's music, and do not mind what she listens too. It is also pretty funny when I mention an artist, and shes like "who is that..... never heard of him?" I then proceed to laughing!​
k

jwhoff

Premium Member
Thanks brothers for your responses I greatly appreciate it. It is good to see that I am not the only who has been in the same situation. She is a beautiful women, and she is also very charming! We enjoy our time together, and really respect each other. My intentions with her are true, and no I am not bragging! It was in all honesty a legitimate question that was weighing heavy on my mind. She is one the most down to earth people that I have met, and I have never met anyone so sweet.

True connection is no respecter of age. After all, age is just a moment in time.

Jimmy Buffett once said, with great insight, "You pick the century and I'll pick the spot."

:8:

Chalms

Ok, do I will take up an opposing view...

At 32 I had very little in common with myself at 20. Now, at nearly 37 I can fellowship with someone that is 25... Have a relationship with depth enough to form the foundation for a lifetime? I'm not sure.

In the end, only you and God know your heart, so you will be the one to make the call.

One word of caution: it is generally very easy to impress a 20 year old when you are 32. There is just so much learned and experienced in that 3rd decade of life...

Nate Riley

Premium Member
I don't think its a problem, I have known several couples with considerable age difference who worked out fine. However, I would just throw out that my concern would be with what I was setting myself up for when she was 30 and I was 42. I think the span (in her age) from 25 to around 40 might have some challenges. At this point you are close enough to your 20s that you can relate. At 35 now, I would certainly not want a serious relationship with a women younger than 25.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Age is just a number. I see nothing wrong with it. I really don't any absolutes should be placed on a relationship anyway. Once people are involved nothing will ever go according to plan. You always hear that short courtships lead to short marriages also. I know one couple who dated for 6 years before they tied the knot. I think their marriage lasted about 3 years. Then on the other hand I knew one couple that dated 24 hours and then got married. They are still married after 3 kids and 20 years. You just never really know what might happen and I think age will not play a big part of it unless you are like that Courtney Stodden chick and be separated in age by a few decades.