My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA Proficency

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
So let me ask this, what is the average time it takes to confer the first 3 degrees in different jurisdictions?
Well, in my jurisdiction you can advance degrees every 28 days so, theoretically, you could do it in less than two calendar months after the EA. From my experience is usually takes about 4 months.

otherstar

In 1997 in Texas, I had to wait 28 days between degrees. Now (in 2017) the minimum time is 2 weeks between degrees. Most candidates, like myself, take longer to go from EA to FC because of the amount of memory work involved. I could have taken my FC and MM degrees sooner had the rules been different at the time.

JTHB19

FC was a cakewalk after getting used to the vernacular from the EA. After that it is mostly taking out and plugging in. Sort of.

Also, the lecture for FC is fantastic.

Phil P

In 1997 in Texas, I had to wait 28 days between degrees. Now (in 2017) the minimum time is 2 weeks between degrees. Most candidates, like myself, take longer to go from EA to FC because of the amount of memory work involved. I could have taken my FC and MM degrees sooner had the rules been different at the time.
If I do wait the 2wks then more than likely I'll have my FC on July 6. We will go dark on July 3 due to the July 4 independence day holiday the next day. And hopefully I'll see you there ;)

Phil P

"A game" was once again brought & delivered last night, and I have completed the EA proficiency. Funny thing was my coach skipped over 3 questions that I can think of because he couldn't remember. Oh well, just make like a tire and roll with it. Had to speak with my wife & we've had to budget my FC degree for sometime after July 18. Thought I was gonna get in before the installation on July 15, but that's not to be since we've had some other bills. No worries though. Bring on the Fellowcraft

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
I know that, what i meant was learning and turning it in piece meal like that doesnt seem like it shows proficiency to me, but I am neither a WM or a Texas Mason so my opinion is worth less then my .2c

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app
I'm going to go out on a limb as someone who is memorizing lecture work. Memorizing in sections and being strong in that section before moving on is beneficial to the individual.

Too many times have I seen people try to learn entire pieces of work only to start strong and finish weak.

Take the middle chamber lecture. Do you know how many more times I said the first paragraph of that lecture versus the last when I was learning it? I could recite it in my sleep. The seven liberal arts and sciences however, ... I had to break that off and just do that to catch it up with the amount of times I stitched what I knew to what I was learning.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
I'm going to go out on a limb as someone who is memorizing lecture work. Memorizing in sections and being strong in that section before moving on is beneficial to the individual.

Too many times have I seen people try to learn entire pieces of work only to start strong and finish weak.

Take the middle chamber lecture. Do you know how many more times I said the first paragraph of that lecture versus the last when I was learning it? I could recite it in my sleep. The seven liberal arts and sciences however, ... I had to break that off and just do that to catch it up with the amount of times I stitched what I knew to what I was learning.
See thats different in my opinion.....learning it that way is one thing.....turning it in that way is another. You wouldnt get up and do the first 2 paragraphs of the middle chamber just to sit and let someone else finnish it would you?...no....you wouldn't volunteer for that part untill you were comfortable that you had the WHOLE thing ready to go. But as I said...I am neither the WM or even a TX Mason for that matter sonwhat I think doesn't matter

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
you wouldn't volunteer for that part untill you were comfortable that you had the WHOLE thing ready to go.
.....or you could be like me. I learn it so that I can say it up, down, backward and forward. Then I get up in lodge to say it for the first time and I stumble and bumble all over the place, lol.