My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Having your light taken

acjohnson53

I don't condone quote "Taking someones Light", cause if they approach the wrong person it might not be nice, But I do believe in educating brothers...or in a public environment I would simply this is not the time or the place to discuss this and keep it moving...or if approached wrong I would sell it to them. Cause Masonic Junk is not cheap....Lol

mika Breland

I know of a brother who was healed over into Prince Hall from international he has been a MM for at least 3 yrs under PHA and every time I see the brother he is Masonic from head to toe he has been warned several times by the craft not to ware anything Masonic until he can defend it he was tried by a brother and could not answer the question asked therefor his jacket was taken ... Long story short the brother is upset about his things being taken from him but what do you do when you have warned a brother about this issue time after time again he feels as if he is being picked on I think he is being tought a valuable lesson in knowing how to protect his emblems ijs ....what do the brothers here think on this subject..
I know of a brother who was healed over into Prince Hall from international he has been a MM for at least 3 yrs under PHA and every time I see the brother he is Masonic from head to toe he has been warned several times by the craft not to ware anything Masonic until he can defend it he was tried by a brother and could not answer the question asked therefor his jacket was taken ... Long story short the brother is upset about his things being taken from him but what do you do when you have warned a brother about this issue time after time again he feels as if he is being picked on I think he is being tought a valuable lesson in knowing how to protect his emblems ijs ....what do the brothers here think on this subject..[/QUOTE
Good evenin...coming from a Sistar,before a brother or Sistar decides to head to toe know what it is he/she is wearing hit the books so when he/she is called out he/she will know how to answer when being questioned bout your embel,your color,lodge or chapter

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Not that easy. The questions that PHA would ask, our branch of the family tree wouldn't necessarily know. Also why would someone think it ok to question another person they don't know from Adam about something then try to take it. Maybe the person isnt a Mason and just wearing their grandpas ring, maybe they are a Mason and just don't understand what's being asked, maybe and this would be me they aren't going to be tried in public.....why do y'all think its ok to do this?

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

mika Breland

Not that easy. The questions that PHA would ask, our branch of the family tree wouldn't necessarily know. Also why would someone think it ok to question another person they don't know from Adam about something then try to take it. Maybe the person isnt a Mason and just wearing their grandpas ring, maybe they are a Mason and just don't understand what's being asked, maybe and this would be me they aren't going to be tried in public.....why do y'all think its ok to do this?

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app
You are right but it is also good to have knowledge for what you stand for is all I am saying,so if an individual is questioned

mika Breland

The problem is that ritual differs between juristictions wich can mean that something that is important in one juristiction might be completly diffrent in another.
You are very correct Elexir,rituals are different in some jurisdiction as time goes on for me I have learned alot and still learning in the light that I am traveling

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Also why would someone think it ok to question another person they don't know from Adam about something then try to take it.
Exactly!
Not that easy. The questions that PHA would ask, our branch of the family tree wouldn't necessarily know.
The problem is that ritual differs between juristictions wich can mean that something that is important in one juristiction might be completly diffrent in another.
Absolutely!

PH3-427

I know when I was raised (in a PHA Lodge in FL) I was warned about wearing Masonic Jewelry before I could defend it. However, I was instructed on the proper way to do so. Being in the military I have ran into brothers from jurisdictions that don't do catches, even further some do catches that aren't common in most rituals. What I'm getting at is it's jurisdictional, but it's always safe to train newly raised bros. I know I was talking to a bro who I knew to be on the Square and I hit him with a catch and he returned with one that made me go back and look through my books. We had a laugh after but definitely opened my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G928V using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I know I was talking to a bro who I knew to be on the Square and I hit him with a catch and he returned with one that made me go back and look through my books. We had a laugh after but definitely opened my eyes.
Totally understandable. But this is a pet peeve of mine. What in the world makes someone think that they have the right to take someone's personal property from them simply because IN THEIR OPINION ONLY the other person didn't answer a question properly. I believe that this is called theft.

CLewey44

Totally understandable. But this is a pet peeve of mine. What in the world makes someone think that they have the right to take someone's personal property from them simply because IN THEIR OPINION ONLY the other person didn't answer a question properly. I believe that this is called theft.
Yeah, this seems like a dangerous practice and really what does potentially humiliating someone because they couldn't answer some obscure Masonic question have to do with 'whispering good counsel' etc.

PH3-427

I was told there were a few places that do it mainly University Lodges or strict Military Lodges. Now I want to be clear that I'm not bashing anyone for their practices. I was brought up in a military lodge and when I was told some places did that I had the mindset of "I wish someone would." I know I didn't wear my first ring or necklace until about 6 months ago and I was raised in 2013. I've met with a lot of flack on different thing to include: open, closing, training, even instructing new bruhs on how to trace their lodge legitimacy through UGLE, Lodge history, and Prince Hall history. I've been told that's the military lodge way or "southern way". Further instilling a difference in jurisdictions. I have also heard people getting their dues card confiscated as well so there are some crazy things going on. However, you train your people and they understand the magnitude of wear their light in public and what it represents you should have this issue. My biggest fear was disappointing the PMs and Bros when they would hit me with a catch. If I couldn't answer they'd shake their head and walk off, to me that's worse. But, lastly bruhs (sorry for the long essay), but we are also obligated to protect ourselves, family and property and with how things are going now days just be careful. We definitely need to educate one another because things were different back in the day. I'm 26 and have moved around with the military and seen the changes in places so just be careful.

Sent from my SM-G928V using My Freemasonry mobile app