Is Christianity really compatible with Freemasonry?

Discussion in 'Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality' started by jjjjjggggg, Jul 23, 2014.

1. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

What you quoted and commented upon is Blue Lodge only and not specific to the Degrees beyond the Blue Lodge, although understanding it would help your understanding of other degrees work.

2. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

Something like this then - Tuscan, member. Doric, JW. Ionic, SW. Corinthian, WM. Composite, PM.

Listed as such it becomes clear why the Greek ones are esteemed more in GL Freemasonry - They are the ones who must have votes at the GL level as well as representing our 3 ancient Grand Masters.

It renders the description of the Composite order hilarious to me when applied to PMs as well, being one myself! More decorative, chortle. Also it explains why I was puzzled the first time I encountered a lodge whose bylaws set chairs earlier in the progressive line to be elective. It does not explain the wide variation in GL rules about PMs voting.

Alternately it could be the basic 5 elected officers. That puts to the question - Which is TR and which is SE and thus gets called primitive? Yet another chortle.

Thanks you for suggesting to me that the orders might be organized in that way. This makes the 3, 5, 7 progression more interesting. Growth in person progressing through the degrees. Growth in service progressing through the line. Growth in society by progressing through education and its application.

Bro. ricardo hardy and coachn like this.
  3. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Yes, something like what you have shared.

You are applying it toward the Lodge though.

Try applying it toward Masonic Progression, not Freemasonic Progression and see if yet another Map unfolds. You could start by asking yourself what Work Focus do each of the GMs represent?

Share My Freemasonry