One-Day classes, What do YOU think?

Discussion in 'The Voting Booth' started by cemab4y, Feb 19, 2011.

?

Are you in favor of One-Day Classes?

1. Yes!

7.8%
  2. No

92.2%
  1. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I like what @Glen Cook said - I am also still just working on the foundation and I am not even sure it has more than a couple of stones hanging around it... I have a long long way to go (I hope LOL!).

Bill Lins and Adrian Martinez like this.
  2. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

3. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

So basically this is saying its not a "problem" in masonry but its also not a solution since the data was identical. This then must ponder the question, since one day conferrals do not improve Freemasonry's stats, why dont we just take it slow again and let the candidates individually experience the degrees? Temperance, no?

I know some GLs allow multiple candidates/brothers to go thru at a time but I also dont like that. It seems more of a convenience thing than anything for lodge members. Give each man his own night. A. This keeps the degree team members up to par and well practiced. No more Sunday night rehearsal if you are doing them regularly. B. It allows us sideliners to see the degrees regularly and chance to ponder them more and more. C. It felt very special knowing all these strangers came together on three different occassions just for me. I felt welcomed in that regard.

Bill Lins likes this.
  4. Winter

Winter Premium Member

If the candidate is not actually having an initiatic experience as their first steps in Freemasonry then all they are doing is checking the boxes needed so they can attend the business meeting and vote on the bills. We are either making Masons or we are making Members. I woul never say that some men who come in through the one day classes do not go on to become excellent and learned Brothers. I'm one. I've told my story before, when I came in over twenty years ago, it was in a Man 2 Mason one day class. I thought that's how everyone did it. Back then, I knew little of Freemasonry and how it was supposed to be. Once I experienced the ritual the way it was meant to be my eyes were opened wide. And I vowed I would never support the sham way I was raised. I was cheated of a true initiation and was only able to find some peace by learning as many parts as I could and giving the meaningful experience I was robbed of to others. So when I voice my disgust concerning one day classes it is from experience. I dont care what the numbers say, those practices are horrible for our Craft.

Transmitted via R5 astromech using Tapatalk Galactic

Bill Lins likes this.

Share My Freemasonry