My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A brother but should he be?

Levelhead

Premium Member
We call those people "Ring Tappers" People who go somewhere and tap their ring on the counter so you see it expecting "special treatment".

Last edited:

Levelhead

Premium Member
I think I'm just gonna leave it be. Conduct my self like Mason Should. I just have so much dedication to the fraternity i feel a duty protect our lodge and most importantly the fraternity as a whole.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
NM describes the PA in terms of being placed into the building, and thus was made perfect by the EAs...
"The Perfect Ashlar is a stone made ready by the hands of the workman to be adjusted by the working tools of the Fellow Craft."

crono782

Premium Member
Sometimes I have to remind myself that sometimes, the external is also a good indicator of the nature of the internal. Luke 6:45 comes to mind here, "The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks."

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
I have a question.

Now anyone who is a mason is a brother to me. With that said. I have a weird situation that im dealing with inside.

There was a brother who has been hanging out at our lodge (pettitioner). He just didnt seem like masonic material.
He is not.
My reasons:

Well first off he just got initiated. So now he IS a brother.
I learned early on that there are "members" and there are "Brothers". I no longer confuse the two.

1. All he talks about is his money, millions, expensive car, money, his profits, this and that.
Why do you listen?
2. Talks about religion all day and how he has an excuse why he cant volunteer at any of our breakfasts, or why he cant come to our family nights due to his religion.
Accept this and move on.
3. He brags about his millions but asked me to do some work for him. He told me the scope of work and i told him "brother i charge this much for this work, but pay me what you can" he says "i got estimates for half of what YOU charge for that" well i see that as an insult since I ALREADY TOLD HIM "pay me what you can afford" like he had to get in a word of how i might of been trying to rip him off. Guess he didnt hear the part "pay me what you can afford" being a millionair like he brags about. Btw this was just a 250 dollar work order.
Respond with "That's truly great that you can get the work done by someone else! You know whom to hire for your job..." and move on. He truly doesn't want your help. He wants what you should not ever offer.
4. Now hes a brother hes trying to practice his chetachism. He brags how he got the first page down and how he has to get his master mason ASAP . So i sat down with him and began to go over the chetachism and ask questions. This guy just had no idea, put his own words in and is just in need of slowing down.
- he also was answering with scarcasm and hand movements like he was a rapper (sarcasticly mocking the chetechism)
He is unworthy. Move on.
Then he asks "hey you want to buy this car your sitting in?" Im like no brother Range rovers are not my style. He says common man ill give it to you cheap. Then with a grin and in a Sarcastic "im rich and your poor cadence" says only 50k. I told him that i don't care about his money so stop trying to impress me cause it is kind of insulting.
He is dismissive. Move on.
THEN THE KICKER. He says "I cant wait to get my handshakes down so i can get the special treatment and get things i want". I looked at him and said, "brother for one , you not only have to learn the chetachism you need to UNDERSTAND IT" i asked him if he knew what a token was? He looked at me and said "yea you put it in a slot machine" i mean i was so upset and insulted at the same time.
He is ignorant and arrogant. Move on.
Then he procedes to tell me a story of how he was an EA 20 years ago and he never went on with it. Like he wants respect from me on not knowing his chetechism because he had it down before i was born. Hes like 65.

To me he is NOT Masonic Material.
BINGO!
My issue is... Do i approach the WM about him?
No. Move on.
One other member chooses not to even talk with him due to him making everyone feel umcomfortable every time he opens his mouth.
Sounds like a level headed Brother who knows how to take care of himself. Good role model!
I don't want the WM to think im trying to stir up problems. Im not even sure i can speak my mind with out seeming like im disrespecting a brother.
Then don't!
Im stuck on what to do about it. IM a very serious Mason. Take pride in my lodge and my Fraternity.

Just dont know what to do.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Move on.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Remember your master mason obligation concerning and correcting those of the inferior degree.

Protect the lodge and move on.

You may rub elbows with those that gave him the green light (IC and proposers) but for what it is worth, if they cannot see the signs, that is on them.