My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A brother in financial stress

filmgeekben

Brethren, I had the unpleasant task if helping a brother of my lodge move his possessions out of his house after being evicted today.

It is due to the strong bonds of our fraternity that he is not truly homeless tonight.

Say a prayer and keep ready to help your fellow man.

Freemason Connect Mobile

JJones

I'm relieved, I opened this expecting to see a first-time poster asking for money. :)

Well done my brother, it's good that he had someone reliable that could help him out.

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
That's what brotherhood is all about. It is easy to be a brother to someone on the surface. This what it is to be a brother from within.

chrmc

Good work on you.
One of the things I often think the fraternity focus to little about is helping at home with our own brothers. We're good at donating to the Shriners, helping the community and doing food and toy drives. But when's the last time someone painted a widows house, cooked for a disabled brother etc. I'd like to see more of that.

dew_time

I'm relieved, I opened this expecting to see a first-time poster asking for money. :)

Well done my brother, it's good that he had someone reliable that could help him out.

I expected that as well. I was told that the brothers at the lodge had various talents and could help me finish up my house. I'm glad to see this type of brotherhood in action!!

Freemason Connect Mobile

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Brethren, I had the unpleasant task if helping a brother of my lodge move his possessions out of his house after being evicted today.

It is due to the strong bonds of our fraternity that he is not truly homeless tonight.

Say a prayer and keep ready to help your fellow man.

Freemason Connect Mobile

Thoughts and prayers for him. Unfortunately there are a lot of Brothers hurting right now.

bezobrazan

Your actions in support of your brother is commendable and a reminder for us all. I hope and pray things work out for him.

My Freemasonry HD

Gaijin94

That's what I call putting words into action. Highest regard to you brother. Where I am from we don't do any fundraising drives etc. but we all pay into our masonic benevolent fund and are keen to help each other should we need it. For me, that is what I interpret the real meaning of masonic charity to be. of course helping anyone when they need it is how it is but helping out brothers who need it just demonstrates the healthiness of our Mystic Tie.

My Freemasonry HD