My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About origin of Freemasonry

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Hm. Aren't all snipe hunts imaginary? :)
Nothing better then getting drunk and giving a private a mine probe and an empty sand bag and taking em out to the back 40 and telling them they can't go back to bed till they catch 1. And the only way to catch em is to make their mating call of "who who whoty whoooo".....or so I've heard....lol

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Last edited:

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Hm. Aren't all snipe hunts imaginary? :)
LOL! Nice play on words Bro.

But seriously, not always. Freemasonic snipe hunts usually occur in member's heads. Rarely do they involve any actual scholarly efforts or field work to substantiate their claims, hence the addition of the "imaginary". Most of these snipe hunts are "Imaginary"! If they were "real" hunts, the "hunters" would eventually come to know how foolish their claims are.

First of all, Happy New Year!
Likely the Mithraism can have influenced Masonry but, according to the Legend of the Craft, Masons were basically Christians, at least from Diocletian onwards. The problem is that what we know about Mithraism comes mainly from later Christians writers in a period were all what was not Christian was an enemy and, likely, misunderstood and what has been "rebuild" my authors like Franz Cumont, who, however have included a lot of personal interpretations in his researches. As far as I have understood Mithraism was not exactly a real religion but better a sort of sacralisation of the army and of military life and this has allowed a sort of cohabitation till when the Christianity definitely took the power.

The "basically" above means that if mainly they were Christians they considered "brothers" also non Christians who made the same job.

Hello, Luigi!
Hope your research goes well.
Pike in his book, named "Porch and middle chamber" writes that Origins of Masonry come from -- Essenes, Jewish sect.
For your information.

Elexir

Hello, Luigi!
Hope your research goes well.
Pike in his book, named "Porch and middle chamber" writes that Origins of Masonry come from -- Essenes, Jewish sect.
For your information.

Well Pike wrote a lot of things. Question is, how good of an authority is he?

Not sure Im gonna visit the US. Thing is, he was pretty late in the game.

lol.
He is "first", dude, developer, the boss of "Mother" Council.
All Patents come from The Council to all over The World.
All Blue Lodges are being governed by this Council, where Pike was the 33° Boss!

Elexir

lol.
He is "first", dude, developer, the boss of "Mother" Council.
All Patents come from The Council to all over The World.
All Blue Lodges are being governed by this Council, where Pike was the 33° Boss!

No. The rituals used in my juristiction was completed before Pike was even born. He had no control over anyone outside of the US.
The same goes for the rest of Europe where freemasonic high degrees where in full swing even before Pike was born

No. The rituals used in my juristiction was completed before Pike was even born. He had no control over anyone outside of the US.
The same goes for the rest of Europe where freemasonic high degrees where in full swing even before Pike was born

Dude.
I think we're talking about "different things", but, I think I understand you.
I'm not saying: "Pike had control".
I'm trying to tell:
Supreme Council 33°, SJ, is the Governor of all other lodges (Patents).
And Pike was authority in this Council.
Don't you say during the "Master Mason degree initiation ritual" that you're going to serve the Order, Grand Master & Supreme Council 33°?

Elexir

Dude.
I think we're talking about "different things", but, I think I understand you.
I'm not saying: "Pike had control".
I'm trying to tell:
Don't you say during the "Master Mason degree initiation ritual" that you're going to serve the Order, Grand Master & Supreme Council 33°?

No AASR SJ governs the units under them and nothing else.

The schottish rite dont even exist in regular form here in Sweden as we work in a rather special way (look at the appendant bodies section "swedish rite")

I am forbidden to reveal what goes on in ritual itself but the highest authority here is the Grand Master.

Again, when where my juristiction was created and rituals developed AA(S)R didnt even exist.

No AASR SJ governs the units under them and nothing else.

The schottish rite dont even exist in regular form here in Sweden as we work in a rather special way (look at the appendant bodies section "swedish rite")

I am forbidden to reveal what goes on in ritual itself but the highest authority here is the Grand Master.

Again, when where my juristiction was created and rituals developed AA(S)R didnt even exist.

Don't you have "Supreme Council 33° for Sweden"?(local)

No.

We dont have any real appendant bodies since our system has high degrees built into it.

These degrees are governd by the Grand master.

The information from your official website says that: there was Patent, Elexir. Probably from France or England. Not possible to ascertain exactly.

Elexir

The information from your official website says that: there was Patent, Elexir. Probably from France or England. Not possible to ascertain exactly.

It was from France for the first three degrees.
It was recived in 1735.
Begining in the 1760s a lot of things happend and the swedish rite was created by amongst other Charles XIII of sweden and was finished by the same time the supreme coincil was formed.

Winter

Premium Member
Dude.
Pike is the baddest.
Absolute Authority.
Even more badass than Mackey.
If you'll be in D.C. -- visit House of The Temple: "lots of Pike" out there...
I'm a big fan of Pike myself. I enjoy his writing. But you still need to take his writing with a grain of salt and put it into context of the time he was writing in and his audience. The Essenes did NOT create Freemasonry.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Winter

Premium Member
I'm trying to tell:

No and No. None of that is correct.

I'm a big fan of Pike myself. I enjoy his writing. But you still need to take his writing with a grain of salt and put it into context of the time he was writing in and his audience. The Essenes did NOT create Freemasonry.

What are "secrets" of society nowadays, sir?