Albert Pike's Morals and Dogma, Freemasonic canon or apocrypha?

Discussion in 'Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality' started by 88DAM88, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Exactly! Just one more body to pay dues to.

2. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

it's been discussed, but I doubt it would happen. (even being aware of the current situation in your State.. not good.)

3. MarkR

MarkR Premium Member

How many of your lodge officers would travel to a National Grand Lodge to participate in the decision making? Many lodges aren't even represented at the state level because traveling a couple hundred miles is too much for many.

I attend Grand Lodge every year. I wouldn't if it were in D.C., New York, Lost Angeles, etc.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  4. Warrior1256

Great point, same with me.

5. Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776 Registered User

Warrior, I'll agree this could be a very contentious subject. Politically, I am very conservative and naturally rankle at the idea of a centralized government. But, the situation with Arkansas will never be corrected unless, somehow, someone is able to step in and make them straighten up their act.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. Warrior1256

As am I Brother.
    I certainly understand why you are frustrated with the situation in your state Brother. But I think a better solution would be for the rank and file to elect Grand Lodge officers who would "clean house" and straighten things out rather than to create a national governing body.

7. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Many of us are sympathetic. A national GL ain’t gonna happen, if for no other reason than AR wouldn’t agree!
    The outside input comes usually from suspending recognition. KS has done so. OK did so briefly. Another GL is considering action.

However, I agree with our other brother: it is AR brothers who must step up. It is somewhat of a “stop me before I kill again” argument to ask others to do so for them.

I do note that other GLs have looked favourably on affiliating members from AR.

Warrior1256 likes this.

Share My Freemasonry