My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Along The Way.

jonesvilletexas

Premium Member
Well Brothers let me try to put this down. For a number of years I drove past a Masonic Lodge that I would find out had a name of Melrose No. 1294 wow, who would have known that someday I would be the Master of that Lodge!

I had given no thought of being a mason, for no one in my family had been in the fraternity, at least that I knew of. I moved out on my own from California to Texas when I was 13 years old. I had rented a room from a friend I had met through an uncle in Houston and put myself through school, his step father was a mason and that was as close that I had been to one.

Now jump to mid 1970’s, at work one day I overheard some men talking about masonry and I ask if I could join? And was told that I could not join, and with that answer I never asked again. Looking back I have no hard feeling to this now brother, I realize now it was a lack of Masonic education on his part.

Now in 1980’s at church one day a Christian brother and also a mason was talking to one of his lodge brothers and when during the conversation I asked how does one become a Mason? And with that the next day I had a petition for the degrees, oh! That lodge I drove by years before, I am now a past master, 1986-1987 this Masonic road that I have been down, I have not regretted for one minute. I do not have to tell you brother’s this is not only the oldest fraternity in the world, but is also the greatest. I cannot begin to count the number of men and women (OES) through masonry that have come into my life that have made an impact on making me a better man, even today on this forum I see the effects of our great fraternity working for the betterment of man.

Last edited by a moderator: