My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon Kindle

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I was thinking about purchasing one for the wife, but I'm not really sure if it's a good product. Does any Brother own/use one? What are your thoughts?

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
don't. buy like 150 books and build a library for the same money.

Bro Mike

I love the Kindle 2.

It is easy to tote around a few dozen books at a time. And the built in 3G wireless web surfing is a nice benefit, too. Though I do sometimes get in trouble playing on Facebook when I am sitting in church. :001_smile:

Most of the popular titles are $10 or so. But I have downloaded several dozen novels for free. For example, Amazon will offer up a few freebies once in a while to push an author's newer works. Amazon has recently upgraded the operating system and the Kindle now supports PDF files that you email directly to the unit via the 3G connection.

The DX is a nice toy, too. My dad has one. But the price difference did not justify the increase in screen size for me. For $250 with free shipping I say it is a winner.