My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ancient and Accepted Rite of England & Wales removes Trinitarian requirement

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Per attached

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpeg
    IMG_0501.jpeg
    173.7 KB · Views: 89

Bloke

Premium Member
Interesting.
Being close to all knowing, I think you would probably be aware we have two AASR Jurisdictions in Australia. One under Scotland with the Trinitarian requirement, and an Australian Constitution which does not have a Trinitarian requirement..

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Shoot. I can’t remember what I have for breakfast most days.

Yes, I was aware of both. Does SC Scotland have much if a presence subsequent to granting the Australian charter?

Bloke

Premium Member
Shoot. I can’t remember what I have for breakfast most days.

Yes, I was aware of both. Does SC Scotland have much if a presence subsequent to granting the Australian charter?
I actually didn't know so I was intending to ask around. I only have had the time to ask one member, under Scotland and he is 30th Degree under that Jurisdiction. His info would be reliable.

There was an agreement that AASR under Scotland would not grant more Warrants, so they hang on to them hard while the Australian Constitution can charter more Chapters and Councils.

The actual membership numbers seem pretty guarded.

I have a 2021 guide for other orders in Victoria.. In it

Scotland has 4 Sovereign Councils,
Victoria Sovereign Council No.14 (10.3.1921)
Bendigo Sovereign Council No.16 (24.7.1928)
Ivalda Sovereign Council No.53 – Daylight (10.6.1982)
William W. Ashley Sovereign Council No.55 (13.5.1983)

13 Sovereign Chapters

Australia has
Sovereign Councils - 7 in Victoria (I don't have a national directory).
Sovereign Chapter - 22 in Victoria

I actually know the Grand Commanders for Victoria and also Australia. I speak to both weekly or more, but not done so since seeing this. I will ask when I next speak to him

I am not a member of AASR, but one day might join the Scottish if the location and night worked. My next goal is RSM, I have an application in. After that, it would be the Ark Mariners..

This seems accurate
https://www.myfreemasonry.com/threads/australian-scottish-rite.30017/

Lodge France in NSW is on my bucket list..

Last edited:

Bloke

Premium Member
Yes, that's what I meant
RSM = Royal and Select Masters
(goes off to find acronyms thread)

Sorry, I've used acronyms for years due to running the bookings for lodge rooms. The only one which usually confuses me is "RAM" - here that mans Royal Ark Mariners in our directories,, but in most other places means Royal Arch Mason....

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Yes, that's what I meant
RSM = Royal and Select Masters
(goes off to find acronyms thread)

Sorry, I've used acronyms for years due to running the bookings for lodge rooms. The only one which usually confuses me is "RAM" - here that mans Royal Ark Mariners in our directories,, but in most other places means Royal Arch Mason....
Yes, when I see RAM I pause and make sure I have the context.