My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anti masonry

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
But true anti-masonry is fairly insignificant. If there was an organized group that was actually doing things - such as proposing legislation for the purpose of harming or eliminating masonry- then I would agree the Grand Lodge(s) should get involved. Right now the anti-masons are small groups or individuals that spread mis-information mostly, I believe, as a way to boost their own relevance. If Grand Lodges tried to take on the individuals and groups, it would a) bring more attention to the anti-mason(s), b) create the impression the anti-masons are on to something, c) bestow some legitamacy on the anti-mason arguments by virtue of the GL public reaction, and d) use up enormous time and resources that we need them to be using to promote masonry and help our lodges.

Anti-masonry in history actually did have political sway- even political parties. There was actually legislation proposed that would have harmed masonry. Anti-masonry on that level needs the direct intervention of our Grand Lodges, not internet traffice where you have no real idea who it really might be putting forth rubbish.

The strongest "anti-masonry" program is us. We are in the community and we are in contact with our friends, neighbors, co-workers, and their families. It is how we live our lives that will provide the strongest argument against anti-masons. At least, in my humble opinion.

Last edited:

jleesmith1999

I find it funny anti masonry groups think they know everything saying we are in the NWO getting ready to take over the world with our lord satan and we dont know it because we are not high enough in our degrees ive gotten on them groups on facebook and say yeah we already had the world we gave it back to much stress

Ashlar

No but grand lodges can put info out to combat the crap that's out there

There is no need to "combat" the crap out there because (as already stated) those who believe the anti-masonry garbage is insignificant and in a very small minority . I tend to give people more credit and believe they have more common sense than the average conspiracy theorist . If someone believes that we worship the devil , eat babies , drink blood and howl at the moon then let them . It says more about them than it does about us and they are someone we do not need in our Fraternity because they can not think for themselves , they have no reasoning skills and in some cases are actually paranoid to the point that it is unhealthy .

Grand Lodges and individual Masons already do a good job of putting the truth out there about Freemasonry by posting what Freemasonry REALLY is on their web sites . And it is nearly impossible to combat the antis' because we can not disprove a negative anyway . Also anti's love to move the goal posts continuously , an anti will post a quote from Pike/Hall/Mackey or ritual out of context and we post the entire quote that proves them wrong , they merely change tactics or come at it from a different angle . Believe me , I have spent many , many hours on conspiracy forums , some of what they say is so far out there that it is laughable and does not need to be refuted because they do a great job of making themselves look like idiots . You can even prove that some anti-Masonic author is a liar and your average anti will tell you that he just may be a liar , but he is lying for a good cause . Does that make any sense to you ? Is this really something we can "combat" . No , because they do not fight on a level playing field .

If Grand Lodges were to "combat" anti-masonry , they would be continuously posting to their web sites because the lies of the anti's are continually changing , evolving , twisting to the point that it would have to become a full time job .

BUT If you really want to see good Masons "combating" the anti's , then go out and purchase a copy of "Is It True What They Say About Freemasonry" by Art de Hoyos & S. Brent Morris . Or just look it up on line , it is there to read for free to anyone who wishes to know the truth .

Last edited:

widows son

Premium Member
I will check that reading material out, I think both you guys are right, it probably would make it look suspicious if grand lodge retaliates against small conspiracy groups

Virgin Islands Brother

In all honesty, the anti masons can be helpful. I was anti masonry before I met one of my brothers in law. He is 32 degree mason. The level of his charity floored me. I could not bring myself to believe he worshipped Satan. I still did ask. He almost looked hurt by the question. (I feel ridiculous now)

So I continue my Internet searches, then YouTube. YouTube had so many negatives and also some outstanding positives. I realized the positives held a common thread, while the negatives were all over the place.

I remember it clearly, when I realized masonry was a good thing, my friend, from middle school days forward, called and said he found the lodge for us. So began our journey.

I joined with faith that God would not allow me to stain my soul, but I was still nervous. I made this sentiment very clear to my soon to be brothers.

Not wanting to ruin the experience, I stopped viewing anything that had to do with rituals and read more. Then I stumble on the Taxil Hoax and the last bits of anxiety disappeared.

Rational people will eventually find us.

widows son

Premium Member
Our paths started the same brother, like you said the anti theories are all over the place where the positives are coherent and rational, I'm glad to see there are other who were in the same position as me

JJones

No but grand lodges can put info out to combat the crap that's out there

I visit conspiracy sites on a regular basis for amusement, let me tell you that as masons we can't (and shouldn't) bother trying to set them straight.

Masons trying to dispel while ideas are usually accused of trying to perform damage control or blatant lying. To be honest though, I don't know what the problem is anyhow. As Freemasons, should we care that people think we are low level Illuminati who worship the devil (without knowing it) and serve shape-shifting reptilian alien overlords? If so, why? People that think things like that sure aren't Mason material anyhow in my humble opinion.

Ashlar

As Freemasons, should we care that people think we are low level Illuminati who worship the devil (without knowing it) and serve shape-shifting reptilian alien overlords? .

This is what I mean by trying to disprove a negative , it is useless . They say we worship the devil , and when we say we do not and ask them to point out in the ritual where the devil comes into play they will move those goal posts and say we are worshiping the devil without really knowing it . So we then ask them "how can I be forced to worship anything without knowledge of it because when I am praying in lodge I am praying to my Lord and Savior ?" they will then move the goal posts again and say we are not high enough in rank . A Mason will tell them "well I am a 32 second degree SR Mason" , they will say "You have to be a 33rd to truly know !" . Then a 33rd comes along and says "Not in the 33rd degree we don't !" they then move those goal posts yet again and say "Well it is in the 96th degree !"

You simply can not disprove something that only exists in the minds of an anti .

Last edited:

widows son

Premium Member
Someone spray painted on our lodge " eat shit devil fuckers" it really made me angry, I don't worship Satan, I just want to help people

jleesmith1999

The other day while coming out of our lodge some mexican kids come up to us and say when are you illuminati going to take over we all looked at those kids with a look get out of here one of the older guys walked to his car pulled out a lighter that looked like a gun those kids ran off se all had a good laugh at that

Tony Uzzell

It's always easier for the ignorant (I'm thinking about the spray-paining incident widow's son mentioned) to break things down than it is for people to actually learn what is reality. Just like it's easier to knock down the sand castle than it is to build your own.

TU

widows son

Premium Member
I cant explain how angry I was, one of the brothers was almost in tears, and he said "why can't people just keep to themselves, they have to stigmatizes us then vandalize us too"

MarkR

Premium Member
As has already been stated, no matter what you tell them, they give you one of two responses: "you're not high enough in Masonry to know what really goes on" or "even if I was right, you wouldn't tell me, because you've taken an oath to cover it up." With that "heads I win, tails you lose" argument confronting you, all you can do is smile, say "have a great day" and walk away.

CajunTinMan

I am new to this forum Brothers and this is just my opion but as Matthew 5:14 says: You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
The only way we are going to combat all the anti Masonic rhetoric out there is to live lives that are examples to others. We can't answer all the lies. We can only hope to shine through them.

Last edited:

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Why not use it? While the verse in the Bible was referring to Christians it could also be used as an analogy to say that if we just do what we say we do and continue in our works of charity then some will see that what is put out there as us worshiping the devil or works will disprove that.

Besides if the Bible lessons taught are for Christians only then how are we supposed to use It as a tool to save the lost and dying sinner? If these teachings are for Christians only then they would not apply to the lost.