My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Pilots?

wjdevans

Premium Member
Just curious how many other members like to spend your free time burning 100LL and soaring with the birds.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
I started on my pilots license years ago but only got so far as soloing. It got to be too expensive on my meager earnings back then and I stopped. Been missing it ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

MikeMay

Premium Member
I love to fly....get it from my mom I suppose. Dad always talked about her being a test pilot for a broom factory.

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
Not current, but I am a licensed pilot. Soloed in a (then) 50 year-old Taylorcraft, having sought out such a craft and an equally crusty old instructor to teach me.

Txmason

pilots

Would love to fly with you. I'm
Not current but would enjoy having a flight club for masons. The closest airport for me is Lonestar Executive (KCXO) as I'm on Lake Conroe. Where are you? Come for a $100.00 hamburger and brotherly love! I would to add more time to my log I've got about 35.7 hours.

Let me know. I know the Shrine has a flight group but not sure where they are based.

Best
Jerry

kwilbourn

I've done a couple flights with my brother back when he was flight instructing (He's a commercial pilot now - Challenger 300). My dad's a retired Air Force pilot (and later commercial pilot - F-111 and various Bombardier commercial jets). Absolutely love flying in all its forms; wish I'd been able to keep taking lessons and gotten my license already, but I definitely will someday.

flttrainer

Premium Member
I'm an active flight instructor. I've been instructing for ten years. Time flies when your having fun!

Sent from my iPad using Freemasonry

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Got my SEL ticket in '71 but no longer active- it got WAAAAAAAAY too expensive. :sad:

flttrainer

Premium Member
Bill_Lins77488 said:
Got my SEL ticket in '71 but no longer active- it got WAAAAAAAAY too expensive. :sad:

Money makes an airplane fly. And lots of it!

wjdevans

Premium Member
I'm in Hallettsville (34R). I've had my ticket for about a year, but haven't logged as much time as I would like since then. I have a 1977 172 XP. It is a joy to fly with 195 hp fuel injected 6 cylinder and CS prop.

Would love to hop over to Conroe when summer schedule calms down (3 young kiddos to keep occupied).

Plane is going in for annual in a few weeks. Maybe head over after that.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Well, all of this talk a while back about flying got me to thinking. I am now enrolled in an associate's degree program that will get me my private pilot ticket, commercial, and instrument. Working on finishing up ground school right now. Come January though I will finally be back in the air after a 17 year hiatus. I am really excited to get to it too.

flttrainer

Premium Member
Brent Heilman said:
Well, all of this talk a while back about flying got me to thinking. I am now enrolled in an associate's degree program that will get me my private pilot ticket, commercial, and instrument. Working on finishing up ground school right now. Come January though I will finally be back in the air after a 17 year hiatus. I am really excited to get to it too.

Great! The commercial is most people's favorite. Enjoy!

flttrainer

Premium Member
Brent Heilman said:
I'm really looking forward to getting started. First flight in a really long time will be next week.

That's great brother. I'm fortunate to be able to fly every weekend giving instruction. It'll rekindle the flame for sure.

Rescue51

Premium Member
Well Brothers, in two years if anybody needs work on their airplanes look me up! I am going to TCC for my associates degree in Airframe maintnance and Avionics. I LOVE aviation and I also will have my Pilots licence someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry