Any Pilots?

Discussion in 'Sports and Outdoors' started by wjdevans, Jun 3, 2011.

1. wjdevans

wjdevans Premium Member

Just curious how many other members like to spend your free time burning 100LL and soaring with the birds.

2. Brent Heilman

Brent Heilman Premium Member

I started on my pilots license years ago but only got so far as soloing. It got to be too expensive on my meager earnings back then and I stopped. Been missing it ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

3. MikeMay

MikeMay Premium Member

I love to fly....get it from my mom I suppose. Dad always talked about her being a test pilot for a broom factory.

4. JohnnyFlotsam

JohnnyFlotsam Premium Member

Not current, but I am a licensed pilot. Soloed in a (then) 50 year-old Taylorcraft, having sought out such a craft and an equally crusty old instructor to teach me.

5. Txmason

Txmason Registered User

pilots

Would love to fly with you. I'm
    Not current but would enjoy having a flight club for masons. The closest airport for me is Lonestar Executive (KCXO) as I'm on Lake Conroe. Where are you? Come for a $100.00 hamburger and brotherly love! I would to add more time to my log I've got about 35.7 hours.

Let me know. I know the Shrine has a flight group but not sure where they are based.

Best
    Jerry

6. kwilbourn

kwilbourn Registered User

I've done a couple flights with my brother back when he was flight instructing (He's a commercial pilot now - Challenger 300). My dad's a retired Air Force pilot (and later commercial pilot - F-111 and various Bombardier commercial jets). Absolutely love flying in all its forms; wish I'd been able to keep taking lessons and gotten my license already, but I definitely will someday.

7. flttrainer

flttrainer Premium Member

I'm an active flight instructor. I've been instructing for ten years. Time flies when your having fun!

Sent from my iPad using Freemasonry

8. Bill Lins

Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

Got my SEL ticket in '71 but no longer active- it got WAAAAAAAAY too expensive. :sad:

9. flttrainer

Money makes an airplane fly. And lots of it!

10. wjdevans

wjdevans Premium Member

I'm in Hallettsville (34R). I've had my ticket for about a year, but haven't logged as much time as I would like since then. I have a 1977 172 XP. It is a joy to fly with 195 hp fuel injected 6 cylinder and CS prop.

Would love to hop over to Conroe when summer schedule calms down (3 young kiddos to keep occupied).

Plane is going in for annual in a few weeks. Maybe head over after that.

11. Brent Heilman

Well, all of this talk a while back about flying got me to thinking. I am now enrolled in an associate's degree program that will get me my private pilot ticket, commercial, and instrument. Working on finishing up ground school right now. Come January though I will finally be back in the air after a 17 year hiatus. I am really excited to get to it too.

12. flttrainer

Great! The commercial is most people's favorite. Enjoy!

13. Brent Heilman

I'm really looking forward to getting started. First flight in a really long time will be next week.

14. flttrainer

That's great brother. I'm fortunate to be able to fly every weekend giving instruction. It'll rekindle the flame for sure.

15. Brent Heilman

I know it will. It has just been there smoldering all these years. Eventually want to do the CFI thing later on.

16. Rescue51

Rescue51 Premium Member

Well Brothers, in two years if anybody needs work on their airplanes look me up! I am going to TCC for my associates degree in Airframe maintnance and Avionics. I LOVE aviation and I also will have my Pilots licence someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Freemasonry

17. Brent Heilman

Good luck. I thought about the A&P route too.

Share My Freemasonry