My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appendant Degrees, What's the Rush?

tom268

In Germany, thr AASR requires a MM being one year in his degree. Also a 1 year waiting time between blue lodge degrees is common. Between AASR degrees there is no mendatory waiting time if I'm correct (I'm not a SR member), but the practical time is about 1-3 years from one degree to the next. In the Swedish Rite you have different mendatory waiting times from 9 months to 3 years, so it takes you 12-15 years to reach the 10th and last degree.

MGM357

If we were to require a one year wait for appendant bodies, for the sake of blue lodge degrees - it would make more sense to start with one year waits between blue degrees.

That way you can focus on the lessons of each degree.

First, we need to start with the 28 day waiting period instead of 14 days. Then we could gradually get to higher number of days.

Wingnut

Premium Member
The only limit Id like to see is you must have turned in your MM Prof and ALL book prior to joining any other body. Since Masonry is different to different people, I cant see putting any restriction on anyone. I personally am very active in SR and Blue Lodge and I put a restriction on myself to not join any other body till I was at 1 year after raising (other than FMRC).