My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appreciating our Grand Lodge

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
I've seen virtually every Grand Lodge in the US, and let me tell you Brothers, the Texas one puts the "Grand" in Grand Lodge. We are truly blessed to have such a facility.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I agree, Jewel Lightfoot did a bang up job on our pillars out front which sets the tone for the whole building we are lucky to have had such ambitious older Brothers.

Wingnut

Premium Member
The previous Grand Lodge I believe used the Holland Lodge facility if I remember my history correctly.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Well it was nearly in Fort Worth, but Waco was choosen for being centeral. I know they also held Grand Lodge all over before it was built, they had a Grand Lodge in Alvarado I believe. I saw the pic. of the pit bar-b-q and it was 100yds long if it was an inch. I also believe Milliam hosted most of the yearly GLs not sure why I feel like I read that.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
I've seen virtually every Grand Lodge in the US, and let me tell you Brothers, the Texas one puts the "Grand" in Grand Lodge. We are truly blessed to have such a facility.

do other states not do it so grandly?

for me, it's like this... while we are blessed to have a grand lodge that is so "grand," is it "better?" a building is great, but is just that, a temporary, human creation.

the effect that a grand lodge has on its substituent lodges is much more important to me than the building, and truly defines how "grand" a "Grand Lodge" is.

i have this opinion because i'm a catholic. while everyone celebrates these old churches so much, what really makes a church "badass" in the eyes of the Grand Architect is their effect on the community, not how cool their building is. people oft forget that.