My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best KT uniform suppliers

Companion Joe

Premium Member
I'll second the Mayo part of a uniform or you could get a black double-breasted suit and start building one as you go.
My personal opinion on chapeaus is New London Regalia. They are a little more expensive, but it's worth it in terms of look and quality. I wore an ancient chapeau for years until my election to commander was right around the corner, then I bit the bullet and ordered from New London. I figured it was a once in a lifetime investment, so I'd go ahead and buy the best.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
My jacket and chapeau were fairly ancient and had belonged to a Past Grand Commander. I had to remove all the purple and gold before I could use it. I also have two sets of antique collar cross pins that were gifted me.

Companion Joe

Premium Member
My uniform is one I pieced together. The jacket was custom tailored in 1961 (or maybe 63, I forget, but it says on the inside) and is still about like new. It was obviously a hand me down. My pants came from JC Penny. I know several guys who have purchased black double breasted jackets from a thrift store put some KT buttons and sleeve crosses on them, and they were good to go.

If I ever decide to buy a new uniform, I'll go to Mayo. I think they do ready to wear uniform for $130.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The jackets ive seen the KT wear here look more like a Marines dress blues jacket

One of the Sir Knights in SFe (I think he's from Taos) wears a '20s era frock coat; stiff upright collar like the Marine blues, but long, calf-length.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
Well the hand me down suit that I was given at lodge cleaned up nice at the cleaners. It fits almost perfectly, lol. I ordered a chapeau and Texas sword belt from hirams house. Now I need a reasonable sword. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Companion Joe

Premium Member
I got mine off eBay, too, with whatever you want engraved. It was a Brother out of Kentucky. I can't remember his name. I think I paid $49 for it but can't remember exactly. You can buy some high end swords for several hundred dollars, and you can fine some antiques ones on eBay for a little less, but I've always figured it was a crap shoot in terms of really how good the condition is.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
I got mine off eBay, too, with whatever you want engraved. It was a Brother out of Kentucky. I can't remember his name. I think I paid $49 for it but can't remember exactly. You can buy some high end swords for several hundred dollars, and you can fine some antiques ones on eBay for a little less, but I've always figured it was a crap shoot in terms of really how good the condition is.

How is the quality?

Companion Joe

Premium Member
I really like it. It's not a hand-made job. It's made in China, but considering I don't plan on actually sword fighting anyone with it, I'm sure it will serve me a lifetime. It looks nice. You can get some really low end swords for about $35 that have to be tinkered with every other month to keep the parts tight, but if you spend another $10-15, I think it's good.

Companion Joe

Premium Member
Do a search on the auction site (I'm being cryptic because I don't want to be accused of trying to sell something or drive business to someone) for "Masonic Knights Templar Sword" and one of the first options to come up is the guy. He is from Kentucky. They appear to be $59.
It will even say "engraved with your wording." You can see a closeup of the swords he offers.

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
Do a search on the auction site (I'm being cryptic because I don't want to be accused of trying to sell something or drive business to someone) for "Masonic Knights Templar Sword" and one of the first options to come up is the guy. He is from Kentucky. They appear to be $59.
It will even say "engraved with your wording." You can see a closeup of the swords he offers.

I seen it. I was gonna go that route probably. Thanks...

Benjamin Baxter

Premium Member
So looking around, you will find lone star or Texas edition regalia that is high dollar. On the other hand you can find regailia that is decently priced. Is there that big of deal as long as you get the colors right?