Brother Melvin "Mel" Blanc

Discussion in 'Notable Freemasons' started by Blake Bowden, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    Although he began his over six-decade-long career performing in radio, Blanc is best remembered for his work with Warner Bros. as the voices of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Tweety Bird, Sylvester the Cat, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Pepé Le Pew, Speedy Gonzales, Wile E. Coyote, the Tasmanian Devil and many of the other characters from the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies theatrical short films, during the "Golden age of American animation".

He later worked for Hanna-Barbera's television productions, most notably as the voices of Barney Rubble in The Flintstones and Mr. Spacely in The Jetsons. Blanc was also a regular performer on The Jack Benny Program, in both its radio and television formats, and was the original voice of Woody Woodpecker for Universal Pictures. Having earned the nickname "The Man of a Thousand Voices", Blanc is regarded as one of the most influential people in the voice acting industry.

Brother Mel Blanc
    Mid Day Lodge No. 188
    Al Malaikah Shriners

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  2. Brennan

Brennan Registered User

Re: Brother Mel Blanc

As someone who grew up watching all of those cartoons this has made my day.

My Freemasonry

3. WEST TX MASON

WEST TX MASON Registered User

That is awesome... I grew up on these cartoons...

My Freemasonry

4. bezobrazan

bezobrazan Registered User

An amazing legend who struggled to break into the business and look what he achieved?

A true man learns to soften his heart and stiffen his spine.

5. cemab4y

cemab4y Premium Member

One of his first radio jobs, was making the noise of the "Maxwell", the old car that Jack Benny rode in, and Eddie "Rochester" Anderson drove. One interesting factoid: How did Mel Blanc produce the sound of Bugs Bunny munching on carrots? Answer: Mel Blanc chewed carrots, then spat them out, when he did the voice of Bugs.

6. brother josh

brother josh Registered User

I came into this world kinda on the tail end of Warner bro I do miss those cartoons the ones today suck

Sent From My Freemasonry Mobile App

7. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Great! Grew up watching these cartoons.

Share My Freemasonry