My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bustn caps

choppersteve03

Premium Member
m9 all the way for the same reasons, as stated previously. the 1911 close second,although the single action thing is kind of a turn off though. plus having to carry it cocked scares me, i think i will blow my foot off in a fast draw.

Usmc-sgt

I have a spring field armory 1911 and a Glock 19. I carry the glock feel like the 1911 looks great but I hit better with the glock.

robert leachman

Carried a 1911 as a duty gun for years, still qualify with it! Just switched to an XD-M, still 45ACP! I miss the psychological intimidation of a cocked and locked, with custom grips, that the 1911 brings. (Yes, studies have been done!)
If I was CCL holder, I'd never gotten away from the 1911.

LukeD

I think 1911s look sharp. I had a Kimber eclipse and a Springfield champion. Maybe it was me, or the ammo, but I felt the feed ramp was too steep/angled, I had a lot of failures to feed. I traded them both in. I did buy a pair of punisher grips for the Springfield. Pretty sweet looking. They also make grips with the square and compass on them.

choppersteve03

Premium Member
where did you find the s&c grips, iam looking for a pair. had a springfield 1911 for a week, but it had so many ftf and fte i sold the piece of junk. that gun is the reason i dont like 1911s, bought an xd40 when they first came out whata sweet gun, but i think the next handgun buy will be a glock.