Camping

Discussion in 'Sports and Outdoors' started by Blake Bowden, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

So the wife and I started out with a tent, upgraded to a popup camper, then a small travel trailer and finally ended up buying a 37ft bunkhouse travel trailer and so far we're having a blast! We've camped almost every weekend this summer. What say you? Anyone out there avid campers?

Ressam likes this.
  2. Ripcord22A

Ripcord22A Site Benefactor

I love camping. My family loves camping, unfortunately my wife back problems prevent her from being able to sleep on anything other then a bed. So until I can afford to get a trailer or a cab over camper the only "camping" we can due is renting a cabin somewhere

Blake Bowden likes this.
  3. pointwithinacircle2

pointwithinacircle2 Rapscallion Premium Member

The wife and I just bought our first motor home. We haven't even gotten it home yet. I'll let you know if we like it once we get a chance to use it.

Ripcord22A likes this.
  4. Marvin E Osborne

Marvin E Osborne Registered User

We have enjoyed camping for most of my lifetime. Many a weekend were spent with Lodge Brothers and their families where we circled the campers, shared a common campfire... as our family's needs changed so did our campers. Tent - Truck Camper - Pop-Up - Fifth Wheel. When our daughters finished college and moved out of state we decided to take our camping life to the next level. We sold our home and went full time. That lasted for over 6 years before we finally bought our home in Georgia. The Fifth Wheel has now been traded for a Lance Truck Camper. The Truck Camper is handy for both just the 2 of us or for our daughters family. Long Live your dreams... don't wait too long for that next Adventure... Life is too short !!

Blake Bowden, Ripcord22A and Bloke like this.
  5. Blake Bowden

Blake Bowden Administrator Staff Member

That's awesome! We currently have a Sprinter Campfire 32BH and love it!

IMG_20160812_194220.jpg

6. Mark Stockdale

Mark Stockdale Premium Member

I do wild camping in Scotland, and also Living History camping at events across the UK FG.jpg

7. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Last time I camped in Scotland we were devoured by midges!

Mark Stockdale likes this.
  8. Mark Stockdale

Mark Stockdale Premium Member

That would either be on the West coast or North of Inverness then, they can be a tad zealous in their feeding at times.

9. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

Bishop’s Glen, up the hills from Dunoon. Very zealous. My friend was swollen like a plum!

Mark Stockdale likes this.

Share My Freemasonry