My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can anyone enlighten me on THE AMERICAN NATIONAL SUPREME COUNCIL

Winter

Premium Member
I didn't know that. Like I said both GM conferences and the UGLE need to get together and file on behalf of all GLs that those three bodies recognize
That assumes the UGLE speaks for other jurisdictions as well as that the Council of Grand Masters can agree on something!

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
That assumes the UGLE speaks for other jurisdictions as well as that the Council of Grand Masters can agree on something!

well they don't speak for other jurisdictions but if the list all the GLs that they recognize as being authorized to use the S&C and the af&am, f&am ect ect in their regions, as the link you provided said the GL of Idaho did with the PHA counterpart, that would cover all recognized jurisdictions and allow those named jurisdictions a source for law suit if a spurious jurisdictions appeard within its borders

Scoops

well they don't speak for other jurisdictions but if the list all the GLs that they recognize as being authorized to use the S&C and the af&am, f&am ect ect in their regions, as the link you provided said the GL of Idaho did with the PHA counterpart, that would cover all recognized jurisdictions and allow those named jurisdictions a source for law suit if a spurious jurisdictions appeard within its borders
But where would that leave a body like the Grand Orient of France? Yes, we consider them irregular and haven't recognised them since they started to admit atheists but they are almost as old as UGLE and it's forerunners and are the largest masonic body in France.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Winter

Premium Member
But where would that leave a body like the Grand Orient of France? Yes, we consider them irregular and haven't recognised them since they started to admit atheists but they are almost as old as UGLE and it's forerunners and are the largest masonic body in France.

They admit atheist. So they are not a Masonic organization. I hate to be blunt about it, but facts are facts.

dfreybur

Premium Member

If you want you can think of the branches like Pepsi and Coke. The situation does rather parallel how the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts diverged in the US.

I figure they are great guys but not us. They had a revolution that took over and now they aren't the same. I like the term step-brothers for the situation.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor

If you are referring to the Conference of Grand Masters of North America, what disagreement are you referring to? I do not recollect any in some years.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I didn't know that. Like I said both GM conferences and the UGLE need to get together and file on behalf of all GLs that those three bodies recognize
Umm, that would likely be difficult to do given the use for centuries by others.

Just a clarification: CGMNA does not recognize GLs. The Commission makes recommendations to the member GLs.

Winter

Premium Member
If you are referring to the Conference of Grand Masters of North America, what disagreement are you referring to? I do not recollect any in some years.
I was merely being tongue in cheek over different grand jurisdictions here recognizing different bodies in other jurisdictions. I actually think the CGNMA is a good thing.

Bloke

Premium Member

In our (UGLV) view, it's an irregular masonic body.