My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cardinal Virtue of Temperance

CLewey44

Hello all,

I wanted to hear some of your stories where the Cardinal Virtue of TEMPERANCE was practiced, even tested to your limits. Maybe excluding alcohol. :)

BullDozer Harrell

I'm being tested right now as we speak. Recent medical conditions are mild acid reflux, high cholesterol levels(269) and carpal tunnel syndrome in BOTH wrists. The double CTS is not so bad. But the other 2 ailments have me debating myself just about everyday with thoughts of food intemperance. All the foods i love, I can't eat anymore. Sphagetti, ravioli, lasagna, steak, shrimps, eggs, etc.
Well correction, I can eat them in moderation. But right about now, I'm playing it safe and sticking to soy, turkey & veggies.
I get the urge to throw temperance aside and just pig out on the foods i crave. But it's all for the best that i simply exercise discipline. Just stick to my bland diet. The reflux is terrible and i would rather not eat my way to a heart attack or stroke.

CLewey44

I'm being tested right now as we speak. Recent medical conditions are mild acid reflux, high cholesterol levels(269) and carpal tunnel syndrome in BOTH wrists. The double CTS is not so bad. But the other 2 ailments have me debating myself just about everyday with thoughts of food intemperance. All the foods i love, I can't eat anymore. Sphagetti, ravioli, lasagna, steak, shrimps, eggs, etc.
Well correction, I can eat them in moderation. But right about now, I'm playing it safe and sticking to soy, turkey & veggies.
I get the urge to throw temperance aside and just pig out on the foods i crave. But it's all for the best that i simply exercise discipline. Just stick to my bland diet. The reflux is terrible and i would rather not eat my way to a heart attack or stroke.

I like this, brother. I think, especially in America, we tend to not take care of our bodies a lot times. Not saying your diet has anything to do with your situation, but how many times do we see brothers that are really overweight or smoking cigarettes. It's their choice but it's really a desecration of our bodies when we don't take care of them. Our physical being is every bit as important as our mind, spirit and soul. Good luck with meeting your diet goals, that takes a lot of discipline, especially when there is unhealthy food everywhere we turn.

BullDozer Harrell

I like this, brother. I think, especially in America, we tend to not take care of our bodies a lot times. Not saying your diet has anything to do with your situation, but how many times do we see brothers that are really overweight or smoking cigarettes. It's their choice but it's really a desecration of our bodies when we don't take care of them. Our physical being is every bit as important as our mind, spirit and soul. Good luck with meeting your diet goals, that takes a lot of discipline, especially when there is unhealthy food everywhere we turn.
Indeed. The struggle is real. Everything unhealthy for me is looking so good. The smell of those foods cooking are even worse. Pay attention to that smell of steak as it's being seared in..........Oh My God!