My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clandestine Freemasonry

flameburns623

The problem initially began with John G Jones who was a Prince Hall freemason and attorney. And then it got worse under Jerry Baxter Baldwin & Rev. William Venoid Banks who respectively founded Modern Free & Accepted Colored Masons under Baldwin to International Free & Accepted Modern Masons under Banks. Baldwin recruited Banks and then they fell out. Typically, these guys fall out with each other and then just create another grand lodge.

Thanks. Link was very informative. I note that Le Droit Humain is apparently a mostly-White clandestine Masonic group. So it isn't just a Prince Hall issue.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Thanks. Link was very informative. I note that Le Droit Humain is apparently a mostly-White clandestine Masonic group. So it isn't just a Prince Hall issue.

Le Droit is a co-masonic order (allows women). There are quite a few predominantly white clandestine grand lodges overseas. Now they have started recognizing each other to appear more legitimate.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
No, clearly not just PHA. Do a search for Grand Orient of the US (aka, GOOFUS). We even have co-ed and an Hispanic GL in Utah.

As indicated above, in Europe it is more an issue, and it's almost like the Hitting the Gopher Game: Two of the Bulgarian GLs merged, and another illicit GL popped up before the ink was dry. I can think of six GLs of varying regularity in France.

MarkR

Premium Member
Is there anything left of GOOFUS, Glen? They've been awfully quiet. I don't even know if Halcyon Lodge is still functioning. Their web site is defunct. The GOOFUS Facebook page doesn't show any activity since 2014.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
The coworker, at 17, was honoring his Dad's memory by wearing Dad's Masonic ring, on the mean streets of inner-city St. Louis: and, someone professing to be a Mason themselves, accosted him and forcibly took his ring. Allegedly with a law officer present.
I've read about similar things many times on these forums and still find it unbelievable! I am very law abiding and have great respect for police officers (am a retired correctional officer myself) but if I had been accosted in this manner with an officer present I would have ended up in a lot of trouble! However, I have my doubts as to whether the "officer" was genuine.

DORIAN RHOTEN

I was raised at Mid-Winter here in Texas Nov 11, 2017. I was given a decal as a present. I am proud and honored to be amongst brethren Masons. if I put my decal on my vehicle could someone rightfully in masonry make me take it off if I am square but have yet to learn something in particular?

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
I was raised at Mid-Winter here in Texas Nov 11, 2017. I was given a decal as a present. I am proud and honored to be amongst brethren Masons. if I put my decal on my vehicle could someone rightfully in masonry make me take it off if I am square but have yet to learn something in particular?

I would hope not. It's an unsavory practice that should have no place in our craft. But that's just my opinion! No one has the right to make you take off anything.

DORIAN RHOTEN

I thank you all for the great information about the decal.

My next question is, Since I petitioned for PHA, My wife and I decided to also go O.E.S. at next initiation. I fully understand my role in O.E.S. and she has enhanced her role. I have notified my member of my lodge whom would submit my petition for O.E.S whom also is S.D. in my lodge. He says I need to know my blue house first (correct) but says he no deterring me, but I made that decision and know the work of learning both houses and dues will be there. can he deny me and if so what other options might I have?

David612

I thank you all for the great information about the decal.

My next question is, Since I petitioned for PHA, My wife and I decided to also go O.E.S. at next initiation. I fully understand my role in O.E.S. and she has enhanced her role. I have notified my member of my lodge whom would submit my petition for O.E.S whom also is S.D. in my lodge. He says I need to know my blue house first (correct) but says he no deterring me, but I made that decision and know the work of learning both houses and dues will be there. can he deny me and if so what other options might I have?
He can’t deny you in my opinion, you should be considered as any other candidate should be, these people arnt in a position to dictate how your experience should be, just to determine if you are a worthy candidate.
People say “blue lodge first” I say F that! It’s your experience, do what you want to do, it’s about your search for light.
Being put in a position where you are guilted into something isn’t going to help you grow spiritually or make you even want to participate long term.

DORIAN RHOTEN

He can’t deny you in my opinion, you should be considered as any other candidate should be, these people arnt in a position to dictate how your experience should be, just to determine if you are a worthy candidate.
People say “blue lodge first” I say F that! It’s your experience, do what you want to do, it’s about your search for light.
Being put in a position where you are guilted into something isn’t going to help you grow spiritually or make you even want to participate long term.

you are very right. I understand there is much to learn but I did not get initiated, passed, and raised because I got lucky. I will continue my mission. I just need a definite yes or no if he can deny my petition.

David612

you are very right. I understand there is much to learn but I did not get initiated, passed, and raised because I got lucky. I will continue my mission. I just need a definite yes or no if he can deny my petition.
Im not OES so I’m not 100% how they operate but if they block your application on those grounds I’d be reconsidering your affiliations.