My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Co-Masonry and others in Texas?

joyrock

wow, that website is pretty deceiving to someone that is looking to petition and hasn't done their research. Not so much here in the US since they only have two lodges but certainly in England.

I couldn't image being a member of one of those two lodges knowing that all the regular Masons in the country won't have anything to do with you once they find out that you are "irregular".

I haven't read deep into that website but I wouldn't doubt that they claim to have some esoteric secret that makes them more tempting to those that go in for finding out the secrets of the world.

There is nothing about the GLoAE website that I find the least bit deceptive. They spell out plainly who and what they are. I have had many conversations with their Grand Secretary and while we do not agree on many specifics he is a fine and upright man of honor.

York Masonry may not be my cup of tea but for those who seek that sort of thing I am glad it is becomming more accessable.

On another not "regularity" is strictly a term that is inner jurisdictional. Seeing how there no Masonic order rules over another the term "irregular" when applied from without is meaningless.

Now, if you state that the GLoAE is not "recognized" that would be correct.
That may be important to some and not so much to others. My Order is not recognized by the GL of TX either nor do we recognize them. Those facts don't bother me in the slightest.

S&F,

A7V

There is nothing about the GLoAE website that I find the least bit deceptive. They spell out plainly who and what they are. I have had many conversations with their Grand Secretary and while we do not agree on many specifics he is a fine and upright man of honor.

York Masonry may not be my cup of tea but for those who seek that sort of thing I am glad it is becomming more accessable.

On another not "regularity" is strictly a term that is inner jurisdictional. Seeing how there no Masonic order rules over another the term "irregular" when applied from without is meaningless.

Now, if you state that the GLoAE is not "recognized" that would be correct.
That may be important to some and not so much to others. My Order is not recognized by the GL of TX either nor do we recognize them. Those facts don't bother me in the slightest.

S&F,

If you are not recognized then you are "irregular", you can justify it anyway you want, but I will not discuss Masonry with you.

The Charges of a Freemason published in 1723 say to not associate with uninitiated ‘masons’ and this extends to lodges that have not been ‘legally constituted'.

That is all I have to say.

Last edited by a moderator: