My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

concealed carry

Mac

Premium Member
I guess they're not really legally banning us from carrying concealed by civilian law (sign required). The rules of our group just forbid us from doing it. A brother in Idaho was joking with me about the gun safe in his secretary's office where brothers could check their weapons in before meetings...

And I thought WE were the wild west. ;)

choppersteve03

Premium Member
me and a brother at lodge where talking about this tonight, we both carry he a snub .38 smith and i a beretta 9mm. under iowas laws any vet with an honerable dicharge and a dd214 can get a permit here, no class or nuthn just 50 bucks and honerable service to the country. well long story short we leave our guns in the trucks,but we live in small town iowa half of us dont even lock our trucks down town.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Similar situation down here in Houston. Only difference is, the car thieves are the ones who leave 'em unlocked when they finish stripping 'em down.

:crying:

robert leachman

In the "Lodge Room" is NOT the sane as carrying in the lodge building!
As a Texas peace officer I carry every where I go. (yes in church too-whole nother discussion there). As I stated somewhere else on those pages, I don't vast on the lodge room itself when it's a tiled meeting, I leave it in a little room next to the door. My home lodge peace officers Do this and I've seen it done in other lodges too.