My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Concerned Wife

jermy Bell

Every time there is degree work, my wife and mother in law tell me and my father in law to go, leave ,see ya later. Have a good time. Lol but then again my mother in law was in eastern star, and my wife is mother advisor of the rainbow girls. And my father in law and I are also on the rainbow board of advisors.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Every time there is degree work, my wife and mother in law tell me and my father in law to go, leave ,see ya later. Have a good time. Lol but then again my mother in law was in eastern star, and my wife is mother advisor of the rainbow girls. And my father in law and I are also on the rainbow board of advisors.
Very cool concerning this family tradition!

TonyStarks357

I agree with Coach on this. A couple of other things to think about:
(1) Any of the appendant bodies of Masonry will take additional time away from your family. I am not trying to sway you either way but you said she was okay with the blue lodge. I know as I was going through the chairs and especially when I became the WM, time at the blue lodge seemed to be required more and more. It is quite a bit less now that I am a PM but we meet at least once a week for study/practice and once a month for Stated. I am a SR but do not attend very many functions of the SR because of time constraints away from my family.
(2) As for your son, once he becomes old enough to become a part of Masonry, then he is an adult and should be allowed to make his own decisions.

Just don't push it on her or him or you will be fighting a losing battle on all fronts.

Good luck

Coach and RP have it covered. One thing I wondered about is who came from the lodge during your investigation, to speak with you and your wife. Any insecurities should have been covered during that meeting, before you were initiated. Oh, and YES, the Blue Lodge will require more of your time than any other house of Masonry. I can attest to it.

Sr Deacon, Pikes Peak Lodge No. 5
Ill 2nd Lt Commander, Pikes Peak Consistory No. 81

CLewey44

This is a side effect of freedom of speech and information overload. People can get on the internet and say whatever they want, dress it in a bow (fancy websites and 'references') and call it fact. The difficult part is deciding what is truth and what is malarkey.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Coach and RP have it covered. One thing I wondered about is who came from the lodge during your investigation, to speak with you and your wife. Any insecurities should have been covered during that meeting, before you were initiated. Oh, and YES, the Blue Lodge will require more of your time than any other house of Masonry. I can attest to it.

Sr Deacon, Pikes Peak Lodge No. 5
Ill 2nd Lt Commander, Pikes Peak Consistory No. 81
Well, it can control more time, depending on the lodge and your role. AASR, Chapter and Rectified Rite each take more of my time.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
Hi Jon,
You could always suggest that she might like to join an English Masonic Forum (there's one in my Sig file) where she could ask her questions anonymously and get answers from other Freemasons to find out if she's barking up the wrong tree or not.