My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowan & Eavesdropper ALERT!!!!!

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
If regularity was so important to him, he could have resigned from the clandestine lodge and applied to a Blue lodge of either Prince Hall or "George Washington" lineage long ago.

vangoedenaam

Premium Member
To accept you are wrong is a challenging thing to do, might be harder than keeping the lie...

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

laruewhite

I recently tried what is recommended. went to a REGULAR lodge and talked to their secretary as instructed to do by the WM.I am beginning to understand why clandestine lodges exist.I was pointed towards a pH lodge. I was asked was I familiar with that type of lodge.feel as if I was being told to go where I fit in.I guess the word FREE is still a big part of REGULAR masonry. worst experience I have ever had.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I recently tried what is recommended. went to a REGULAR lodge and talked to their secretary as instructed to do by the WM.I am beginning to understand why clandestine lodges exist.I was pointed towards a pH lodge. I was asked was I familiar with that type of lodge.feel as if I was being told to go where I fit in.I guess the word FREE is still a big part of REGULAR masonry. worst experience I have ever had.

In what state did this unmasonic barbarity occur to you?

tldubb

Premium Member
Don't let that discourage you keep looking.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using My Freemasonry HD mobile app

laruewhite

I will.at this point being a 32nd degree clandestine mason means very little.

jjjjjggggg

Premium Member
Laruewhite,

Unfortunately I think there is a lot of unspoken racism in regular lodges, which is utter BS. A brother told me his story on how when he petitioned a lodge he was also pointed to a PH lodge based on the color of his skin (he has black hair and is Native American). He petitioned anyways based in the recommendation of several members and was accepted. He is now one of the most active members.

I had a elderly secretary explain to me that PH masonry was where the "negroes" go. I think these kinds if attitudes still plague the older generations, but is quickly dying out to the more open younger generation.

Please don't give up, it's gonna take folks challenging these archaic ways of thinking.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
I will be initiated on May 1 into a "mainstream" lodge. For some reason I wanted to go mainstream but wouldn't had a problem going Prince Hall if that was the only option available; I wanted to be a freemason first and foremost. The first local lodge I visited didn't seem like a good fit for me and so I moved on. At that point, I decided that local might not work and to expand my search. I went to the grand lodge website and looked at all the lodges with websites in my area. The second lodge I visited was just what I was looking for and I kept visiting it until I could turn in my petition. I didn't know any mainstream masons so it took awhile to get two signatures and the other 3 Master Masons that needed to be on petition.

Race is probably not an issue at every "mainstream" lodge but it is at some depending on where you live. If I lived in Georgia or Alabama and a few other southern states, I probably wouldn't even try a "mainstream" lodge. Now when I become a Master Mason, I will visit the local lodges and try to join one as a dual member long as they don't meet on same night as my lodge. I understand there is a difference between petitioning a lodge and joining one as a dual membership when you are a Master Mason. Not that familiar with the process of course.

'

laruewhite

The first thing I let be known was,I wanted to start at the beginning. I am OK with that.

laruewhite

Be careful brothers,don't start sounding like Pharisees. remember he came for the sick.

tldubb

Premium Member
Our Grand Lodge requires a background check and child abuse check with any petition. I think it is an excellent idea. Brother Laruewhite, keep your head up and keep on pressing on you due diligence will be awarded and once you are healed to either a regular/pha lodge if you ever come to Philadelphia area I welcome you to visit our lodge.

Bro. Todd L. Wilson, Junior Deacon
Clarence C. Kittrell, #149 ( PHA )
MWPHGL Jurisdiction of Pennsylvania
4301 N. Broad Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Every 3rd Sunday 1pm
www.princehall-pa.org

memphisrite

Dear Brothers:

In Dominican Republic, we follow a simple extra process in order to be sure of someones regularity:

If any mason form another whises to visit a masonic Lodge, he must visit Grand Secretary's Office 48 hours before, so the Grand Lodge may contact he's Grand Lodge, verify the regularity and then, the Grand Secretary will call the W.M. of the lodge that will receive the visitor and let him know that the brother in question has been verified.

Even so, the W.M. will Examine the Visiting Brother in the ancient manners.

RyanC

Dear Brothers:

In Dominican Republic, we follow a simple extra process in order to be sure of someones regularity:

If any mason form another whises to visit a masonic Lodge, he must visit Grand Secretary's Office 48 hours before, so the Grand Lodge may contact he's Grand Lodge, verify the regularity and then, the Grand Secretary will call the W.M. of the lodge that will receive the visitor and let him know that the brother in question has been verified.

I also believe that would be the proper protocol here too. I guess that sometimes people forget to guard the west gate as well as it should be.

tldubb

Premium Member
Dear Brothers:

I understand but if you look at the 25 landmarks of Freemasonry XIV, should be enough in our Jurisdiction now if you are traveling with 3 or more brothers to a foreign jurisdiction. It would be advised to contact your GL committee on foreign correspondence so you can receive the proper dispensation to travel and visit that foreign jurisdiction. The GL CFC contacts the GL of the foreign jurisdiction you plan on visiting. But I'm trying to understand why would it be appropriate or necessary to contact your GL if it is a single brother visiting. Since it is the "right of every Mason to sit in every regular lodge when there is no objection". Strict trial and due examination....traveling papers/dues card is a must especially if you are not known to any of the brethren in the lodge you are visiting. I totally agree with Bro. memphisrite these days with some of these Clandestine masons it's necessary to be much more precautious.

memphisrite

I understand but if you look at the 25 landmarks of Freemasonry XIV, should be enough in our Jurisdiction now if you are traveling with 3 or more brothers to a foreign jurisdiction. It would be advised to contact your GL committee on foreign correspondence so you can receive the proper dispensation to travel and visit that foreign jurisdiction. The GL CFC contacts the GL of the foreign jurisdiction you plan on visiting. But I'm trying to understand why would it be appropriate or necessary to contact your GL if it is a single brother visiting. Since it is the "right of every Mason to sit in every regular lodge when there is no objection". Strict trial and due examination....traveling papers/dues card is a must especially if you are not known to any of the brethren in the lodge you are visiting. I totally agree with Bro. memphisrite these days with some of these Clandestine masons it's necessary to be much more precautious.

Dear Bro. Wilson; I Understand very clearly what you're saying, but we had a couple issues with fake or irregulars arriving to Dominican Republic with fake (very convincing) Traveling Papers and masonic Passports, People that where spelled from their Lodges most of the times.