My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do you carry "masonic" business cards?

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
I replied in another thread and it got me thinking about my first encounter with another Mason outside of Lodge.

It was at a local gun Club that I frequent. We BS' d about everything but Masonry except what Lodge I belonged to and what Lodge he belonged to. As he was about to leave for the night he handed me a business card that has his name, Lodge and personal contact info on it. Is this common practice amongst Masons? I'm newley raised and new to all this.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
When I was elected to the South I had some cards made... they lasted longer than my year, though *facepalm*

I plan on getting something a little more generic soon; contact info, Lodges, a nice black-line illustration.

Mac

Premium Member
I was considering making some. The benefit of being a Past Master is that the position doesn't change annually. ;)

MarkR

Premium Member
It's far from commonplace. I always carry Masonic business cards with me in case anyone asks about Freemasonry (I often wear a S&C cap, always wear a ring, and have an S&C in the rear window of my car) but I don't know if anyone else in my Lodge does. As Bro. Brady said, having Past Master cards made up has the advantage of being good for life.

jaanthony

I also use cards as Secretary of 2 bodies is usually send them when I correspond with brethren and other lodges and bodies. I have passed them to visiting brothers and those interested in the craft.

Freemason Connect HD

Keith Knox

The Grand Lodge of New Zealand provides business cards for the senior Grand Lodge officers. I get a set as Grand Chaplain

Keith Knox
Grand Chaplain
Grand Lodge of New Zealand

Freemason Connect HD

dfreybur

Premium Member
I've gotten cards from brothers who are on GL committees and such.

I've got a card from a brother who was Imperial Sciot - an order that only appears to be active in California and Illinois at the moment - that has the dirge song on it. Texas uses a different song. I'm getting to the point I don't need a card while marching in a third degree.

During a practice I've seen a brother hand over his card upside down. One one side's his GL committee contact. On the other side it says King S's Pass. Funny during a practice.

rpbrown

Premium Member
We are considering having cards made that just have a line where each person can put his name.