My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you use Masonic influence on your own website?

ufuze

I am currently building my website for SEO and I created several small indications of freemasonry with visual content. It's really rather beautiful but I don't want penalized for this, what's your take on this: http://www.uFuze.com

Freemason Connect HD

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Re: Do you use Masonic influence on your own websi

I think it might be considered inappropriate by many Masons. It isn't a Masonic site, so (IMO) you shouldn't use Masonic symbolism.

M.Prejean

I don't have a website, so I can't answer your question. I did briefly look though your site though, and saw nothing that I could imagine being offensive to any Mason. In fact, from what I saw, and I may have missed a lot, you were subtle and appropriate. I believe that you are well within your right to advertise yourself as a Mason so long as you conduct yourself as one too.

Of course there are limits, but I'm not sure where I would draw the line.

ufuze

Thank you brothers

Freemason Connect HD

Hirum 324

I am currently building my website for SEO and I created several small indications of freemasonry with visual content. It's really rather beautiful but I don't want penalized for this, what's your take on this: http://www.uFuze.com

Freemason Connect HD

I know you're not supposed to use Masonic symbols in association with a business, unless it's a Masonic body. But how do you explain those companies that sell Masonic regalia and are owned by Brothers? When I had my business I was advised I wasn't supposed to use the S&C on my business card. However I could hand them a separate card with my Masonic title and information on it. ?? They just weren't supposed to be together on same card?!?

I think what you have is very discreet and tastefully done. IMHO.

Brother_Steve

Premium Member

I know you're not supposed to use Masonic symbols in association with a business, unless it's a Masonic body. But how do you explain those companies that sell Masonic regalia and are owned by Brothers? When I had my business I was advised I wasn't supposed to use the S&C on my business card. However I could hand them a separate card with my Masonic title and information on it. ?? They just weren't supposed to be together on same card?!?

I think what you have is very discreet and tastefully done. IMHO.
Companies that sell masonic regalia are in the business of selling to brothers. I would go so far as to make sure the company I am buying from is owned by a brother if I'm going to be purchasing something that I'm going to display or use as a mason...

However I think the catch here is that you cannot own a real estate business and have the S/C on your front door or own a plumbing company all the while driving from job to job with "Bills Plumbing" 123-555-5555 and under that, a chromed out S/C emblem on your vehicle.

IMO, if your site is used for business then I would really consider the use of masonic symbolism on your site. Masonry changes the way one thinks. You see everything in a different light. You pick up on certain things that others might laugh at. For example, The "Old Man" on Pawn Stars wearing a cooking apron that says, "Real men wear aprons." A profane might take that as real men are comfortable in kitchens. A Freemason knows the meaning behind it.

Last edited: