My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does your Lodge implement the A.L.L and L.I.F.E program?

Does your Lodge implement the A.L.L and L.I.F.E program?

• Yes

Votes: 25 67.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • It's not actively pursued

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • I have no idea what those are

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Wingnut

Premium Member
since this has been necroed, I have to ask..! is this emblematical of the lodges voting on the profeciency to open and close? Do it if it suits us?

jwardl

I'mm the ALL chairman, though it's amazing how many brother I talk to from other lodges who've never heard of it!

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
It's funny how, telling by some of the things that are posted and the questions that are asked on these forums, one can tell who has & hasn't gone through the ALL or LIFE programs, or attended a Wardens' Retreat. It would be one thing if those resources weren't available. It's truly a shame that they are but Brethren won't avail themselves of them.

Timothy Fleischer

These are great teaching tools. I went through both when I was a young Mason. I found out recently that our lodge had allowed the programs to drift out of importance. I volunteered to take over as the counselor in charge because I strongly feel that they make better Masons and better officers. Our current SW went to a Wardens' workshop in lieu of the LIFE training. He came back charged and ready to work!

Education is a great tool. Knowledge is power.

Tim

Bro. Brad Marrs

Premium Member
I stumbled across the ALL program on my own. It's a shame it is not given more importance. New Master Masons are supposed to have it completed within 90 days of being raised.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I wonder if the programs started becoming ignored since they had gotten so out-of-date? We were told that they are finally being revised & updated. They should be reviewed every year!