My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA question

Capricornguy

Its all online but its not the correct "work" It could be used as a helping tool as far as questions if you're that interested in learning the work. As far as Texas work. Yes all sections are online but the answers are somewhat incorrect.

jermy Bell

We have a ritual book here in illinois,that you can only get after being raised to master mason. It can not be brought into the lodge room, unless you are prompting.

Robert Hembree

When going through my degrees I was doing a lot of from memory work (what I'd remember from meetings)a puzzle putting together using online resources. I asked my mentor quite a bit but as we are both very busy (work, families) I did a online searching. I made sure though to stick to degree I was on so I didn't spoil the next one.

CCM1836TX

In Texas the cypher books are all code and if you don’t know the work you can’t figure out the code. Your not aloud to have one until your a MM. In Texas you also cannot have it on lodge property or teach others out of it. Doing so could get you a Masonic Violation and charges. Every state is different though. Personally I think learning from someone is part of what I enjoyed most when I first started. You spend countless hours and days with your mentor and you form a bond not easily broken. I love teaching new Brothers their work. It’s one of the best feelings when you get to see that Brother get raised and one day WM
Of a lodge if he so chooses to pursue. Good luck

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
In Texas the cypher books are all code and if you don’t know the work you can’t figure out the code. Your not aloud to have one until your a MM. In Texas you also cannot have it on lodge property or teach others out of it. Doing so could get you a Masonic Violation and charges. Every state is different though. Personally I think learning from someone is part of what I enjoyed most when I first started. You spend countless hours and days with your mentor and you form a bond not easily broken. I love teaching new Brothers their work. It’s one of the best feelings when you get to see that Brother get raised and one day WM
Of a lodge if he so chooses to pursue. Good luck
...You're not allowed...

Last edited:

J Chapman

We hand our ritual books around like confetti... I have them scattered all over the place.. they are not in cipher - but do have blanks to hide the "secrets"... people will have them in rehearsal - but the only one which should be open in lodge is at the Sec's desk for prompting..

Exactly the same for us in AUS. Each degree you get the degree ritual book with blanks throughout.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

BroBook

Premium Member
Are there some obligatory jurisdictional notes on this?

Also shouldn't the "spirit of the law" be more important than a literal interpretation? In this case the spirit of the obligation is to not make certain specific things (text, etc) public.

I'm interested to hear some other points of view on this.
You cannot/should not, write anything, that a profane could figure out and therefore due the Work, or make you think he did. My take.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using My Freemasonry mobile app